Burn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
So I left Hemingway home for two days with my parents. This was unplanned but I was out and caught in a storm. I left my AC on for him so his cage would remain a normal temperature but they turned it off thinking I left it on by accident. I got a call later saying that his cage was at 124 degrees. I immediately told them to turn all his lights off and turn the AC on and they did. The next morning they turned his lights on at 6am and I just got home at 12pm. I saw that they had put the AC on very low and his temperature was at about 114 and he has a white/pink spot on his nose. Im assuming its a burn and not shed as he just shed his head about 2 weeks ago. Im very angry at them but I know it isn't their fault as they didn't know they were doing wrong. He seems okay and active and I'm about to give him some roaches. Should I go out and get some honey to put on his nose in case it is a burn? And how do I know it doesn't cause him any pain?
Here's a pic:
86297-2882387997.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possibly a burn but it looks more like a normal shed about to come on. If he didn't come in contact with a bulb it's not likely a burn. It doesn't look wounded which is good. Since it's not open I would just monitor it for now. It's good that you got his temps stabilized. 124 and 114 is quite hot but if he has hides and shade he could probably move to a cooler area if needed. Short term fluctuations like that shouldn't cause a permanent problem though.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was told he was hiding under one of his rocks so maybe it is shed. He has shed his nose before and it looked like this but a second opinion is always better in my eyes. I felt like such a bad owner leaving him but I have to keep telling myself that it wasn't my fault. I was stuck in a storm at a friends house. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom