Burmation now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
late October, weather just started getting cooler. He went from being up most of the day and wondering about to sleeping all day and trying to hide on Monday. He ate a few supers monday morning but thats all.

I don't wanna shut his lights off until he's had a bowel movement (for whatever reason he just is holding back these days).. He also has a piece of loose skin on his side from a recent shed, I know this needs to come off. What if he's shedding elsewhere, is it safe to let him go down like that? Last year he was burmating and im sure I ruined him by thinking he was just sick which he was a little. He's a little over 2 years old I got him in august of 09 and he was about 7 inches long at that point.

How old is your dragon? slightly over 2 years
How long have you had your dragon? see above
How long is your dragon? 22-24inches
What is the sex of your dragon? male
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 55gallon
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? tile
Do you use UVB lights? reptisun 10 TUBE
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? See above
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? See above
How old is your UVB bulb? roughly 1 month
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? 8-10 inches
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb? house bulb,40watt I believe, white/day bulb
What are the basking temps? 101.0* F
What is the cool side temp? typically about 84-88* F
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? Digital Acurite thermo with wire probe
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? directly ontop of his bask rock maybe slightly off center from the beam pattern
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? Never
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. Superworms every other to every 2 sometimes 3 days, I offer greens daily, collard,mustard,endive,bok choy,dandelion,turnips usually 2 of these
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? I place greens in the AM before I leave for work I also put worms in the greens usually
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? no, they are on oats and eat potatos
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? yes rep-cal brand, ultra fine with D3 and multi-vitamin I try to give once a week, not sure he eats it when I put it on the greens though
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? no, not at all. Maybe once every 2 weeks?
Do you bath your dragon? How often? Yes, about 3 times a week give or take a day
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? yes, not sure when the last was but he had no parasites
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Original Poster
When I got home from work yesterday he was asleep on the cool side of his tank and had tried to burry his head under his log. Poor guy, he doesn't poo regular and im certain he has something in there, he can't be going into burmation like that, it just can't be good for him.

Germ

Hatchling Member
Give it a few warm baths to help with the shed & to induce a bowel movement, then it should be fine.

Germain

Germ

Hatchling Member
Sounds like it could be the start of it, but I wouldn't shut down the lights until it has been down at least a week to be sure.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of your dragon we could see to assess his physical appearance? That can help us see if he is too thin, etc.
Your setup looks good right now. AT age 2 or over, he may be slowing down for the season.

Tracie

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Drache613":p0k5hc8d said:
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of your dragon we could see to assess his physical appearance? That can help us see if he is too thin, etc.
Your setup looks good right now. AT age 2 or over, he may be slowing down for the season.

Tracie

Here's some pics I just took at 3PM EST.

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

I just took these about an hour after a 30 minute soak in the tub.

In some pictures I feel he looks a bit thin, but he just doesn't really eat greens.. He's been a spotty green eater since around 6-7 months old. Im somewhat concerned about what appears to be a piece of skin inside his nostrills? It sometimes moves about when im trying to drip water on his nose in the bath. He eats supers,hornworms,wax worms,butter worms like a champ. I used to feed crickets and I would gut load them with all sorts of things to help color and such and he would eat them like candy, at around 6-7 months with me when he stopped eating greens (coccidia was later found in his stool) he stopped eating crickets.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks much! I take pride in knowing I take or am taking good care of my pets. I took my dog to the vet today. 8 years old and he is in about as good of health as he could be considering his age. Thanks kindly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom