Burmating

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you tell if your beardie is burmating or if it is sick???

I have a 13 month old beardie named Taylor, and I am unsure if he is sick or burmating. This is his first winter and I heard some beardies burmate and others don't and that burmating can last for a week to a couple months. How can I tell the diffrence between burmating and illness?

Thank You!

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Sorry I can't help you on that one, but my girl who is a year old and first berdie for me is in and out of brumation, she is not dead asleep, will wake up about once a week, but not eat. I do know she is healthy, She had a vet visit this fall and so I don't worry about her. She knows what she is doing.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
The best way is to have a fecal done at a vet to rule out parasites. Once a negative fecal is obtained check your husbandry, make sure it is spot on in every regard.
Then and only then is it safe to let them brumate. Letting a sick dragon brumate can be deadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom