Bunch of Q's(Adeno,Pretreat,sleeping)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Is there a website I can get my dragon tested for Adenovirus on?
2. Is there any D wormers or such medicines I should pretreat with like to prevent like dogs use and such.
3. Not sure what is up he is 6 months old and he is sleeping a bit longer, may be nothing just figured I would ask.
4. How often should I check for Coccdia and pinworms,
5. Are there any other diseases that occur in bearded dragons that have not been listed above?
6. What are the signs of Cocc,Worms,Adeno.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Answer to 1 vet. 2 there is no pre treatment. You need to get a fecal done so you know what kind of Med she/he needs if he even has parasites. Can you give info on your set up?

Esther19

BD.org Addict
It's not recommended to treat for parasites unless they are present in significant quantities. The medicine is harsh on their systems. One symptom of parasites is poop that smells so bad you can't stay in the room. You can definitely have him tested, though. Make sure to use a probiotic if he needs treatment.

One of our mods, Drache613, collaborates with a University in Texas to do Adeno testing for a study. The cost is much more reasonable than from a vet. I had one of my dragons tested through her. PM her for info.

There are lots of diseases that dragons can develop. I suggest that you spend some time browsing the forum looking at things other owners have encountered.

Some folks have their dragons tested for parasites yearly.

There are many helpful articles to the right of this page under "Top Content." They might answer some of your questions that I haven't addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom