Bulk Sand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking to find Zoo Med Repti-sand in Canada. I would like the dessert white and need the 25lb bulk boxes. I need 4 in total...3 will do but I can only find them to order from the USA. Does anyone know where I can get bulk amounts of white reptile sand without having to buy 10 of the 10lb bags??

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
KristineKooyman":u33djfus said:
I have been looking to find Zoo Med Repti-sand in Canada. I would like the dessert white and need the 25lb bulk boxes. I need 4 in total...3 will do but I can only find them to order from the USA. Does anyone know where I can get bulk amounts of white reptile sand without having to buy 10 of the 10lb bags??
i would suggest buying sifted playsand. the repti-sand turns to cement when it gets wet and can cause compactions. not to mention it dyes your bearded dragon funny colors

KristineKooyman

Original Poster
I havnt had any problem with this sand and I have been using it for 2 years. I just want to do a total change over to clean the tank. I will look into the playsand though. Thanks for the idea!!

Gail

BD.org Addict
No, sand isn't safe. Some people get lucky and have no issues with it but more often then not, it cause some kind of impaction issues. Not to mention its expensive, heavy, dusty and really gross. No matter how well you clean up daily, some waste is going to get left behind and it gets stinky real fast.

bltkpo

Juvie Member
^ We bought tile for Bindy's tank and it cost us $11. We took in the repticarpet as a template, and they cut it to size for us. This was at a Totem. I do not see why Home Hardware or Home Depot wouldn't do the same.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom