bulk crickets help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantw429

i plan on buying bulk crickets from premiumcrickets.com and im just wondering if i buy 1000 or 1500 crickets do i have to buy the bag of cricket food and the water gel every time i buy a bulk order? it says i pound of the chow feeds 2000 crickets for a lil over a month. well **** that means i have to buy 11$ worth of cricket food and then the price of the crickets? lol someone explain to me what to do when i order 1500 crickets to keep them alive for the month im using them please.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
I've had my cricket dust food (larger tub) for nearly a year now and its still got a bit left in- it goes a long way. Also, you can feed the crickets veg and fruit to keep them going- they seem to prefer that than the dust stuff. I never used bug gel and have always had luck keeping my live feeders alive. My house never gets really warm so make sure you keep the crickets in a coolish place. Not sure if this helps at all...hopefully someone else may give some better advice :D

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
I use chick feed and damp paper towels, much cheaper. I've also heard of people using flake fish food, dry cat food, and lots of other cheaper alternatives for feeding crickets than commercial "cricket food".

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
you can feed whatever you will feed to your dragons. Like kale, collard greens, mustard greens and so on. Crickets natural diet consists of plant matter. You can use water instead of the gel, achieve this by soaking some paper towel in the water and leaving that in a small dish. This will prevent the crickets from drowning in open water. The best thing to do is to get some out and put them in a separate container 24-48 hours before being fed, this way you can gut load the ones to be fed with out feeding the whole colony gut load. A crickets life span is about 8 weeks, just for your FYI. :wink:

agilitygirl

Hatchling Member
That is defiantly not right. I had an 8oz. container and it lasted me 6 months feeding 2,000 crickets a week! The get the gel so that when it is half eaten and dehydrated, you can fill the container with water and it will expand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom