Bulging Eyes! PICTURE!!! HELP PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsphate

Hello, Chuck seems to sleep with his eyes bulging! Like they are ready to explode. He is 7 years old and I have had him one week. he has had all the proper lights for less than 24 hours now. But he was bulging his eyes before the new lights. Can someone please tell me he is ok!?!! Also he has his mouth open, no one around...Just walked in to him doing this OMG lol.

ChuckBulgingeyes_zps148b4bb8.jpg
[/url][/img]

chuckBulgingeyesandopenmouth_zpsf9fcaadd.jpg
[/url]/img]

What is going ON?????

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
What UVB are you using?

The mouth open thing could be him thermo-regulating himself, otherwise known as gaping.

When is the last time that he had a shed?

mrsphate

Original Poster
daner923":3654qdxk said:
How often does he do this? Is it constant?

I have only had him for a week. he does it when he sleeps/rests during the day time. or when light is on at night. I have seen him do it 3 times now.

mrsphate

Original Poster
Mistyck":ezvwdg21 said:
What UVB are you using?

The mouth open thing could be him thermo-regulating himself, otherwise known as gaping.

uvb is reptisun 10 tube (he has had it on 13 hours only. Just got him this week and the light just came in. I have no idea when he has last shed. But "i" think he needs it. Also he didn't have heat light before Sunday night (1 week ago) so he is used to being colder.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
He might just be getting used to the lights, heat, and be stretching his skin around his face/eyes to get ready to shed.

Gail

BD.org Addict
You really don't need a heat light at night unless your house is under 60* F. Since he didn't have heat before, you might want to introduce higher temps to him slower. What is his basking area temps? I would set them around 90* for a week or so and see how he does with that.
How long does he keep his eyes bugged out for? when they aren't bugger, do they look normal with no discharge? Can you post a pic of them when they aren't bugged?

mrsphate

Original Poster
Gail":347ge3dd said:
You really don't need a heat light at night unless your house is under 60* F. Since he didn't have heat before, you might want to introduce higher temps to him slower. What is his basking area temps? I would set them around 90* for a week or so and see how he does with that.
How long does he keep his eyes bugged out for? when they aren't bugger, do they look normal with no discharge? Can you post a pic of them when they aren't bugged?

I don't keep the basking light on at night, but he falls asleep before the 12-13 hours for the uvb light should be turned off so he is asleep, but it isn't time to turn off lights, turn them off at 9pm and on at 8am. and it wakes him up when I turn them on.

basking temp is 101, 85ish and 80 are the warm, cool side temps. he is only in a 36x18x18 so its hard to make it 90 but it has been at times, use a probe thermometer. No discharge, but one of his eye lids is black and a bit swollen because of a possible burn or something, i've been putting honey on it and it might be getting a bit better. I will post a pic for you.

Chuck_zps00518945.jpg
[/url][/img]

mrsphate

Original Poster
WP_000155_zps4bc5955a.jpg
[/url][/img]

This is his bad eye, this is when we first got him. the other picture is the picture of his other side and from today.

mrsphate

Original Poster
Mistyck":1ix7199r said:
What UVB are you using?

The mouth open thing could be him thermo-regulating himself, otherwise known as gaping. I think you are right about this. He hasn't been able to get into the old basking spot because he can't climb well. So i just set this one up today (a bit far from the light) but he was able to use it. I think the heat was too much for him so far. He must have been too warm. Will he get used to it or should I make his cage colder? its already 85-maybe90 if I move the light it will be colder than that. basking is 101-100ish. First day checking the temps because I just got my probe.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beardies do bulge their eyes, sometimes because their close to shedding + sometimes just at random...it always freaks out the owner the first time they see it. And I agree, the basking temp. may be better around 95, but also be sure to give him regular drinks with a syringe or see if he'll drink in the bath since he may be thirsty. I'm glad to hear that his bad eye is doing a little better. Who knows how long it has been that way and how hard that skin has become....the honey is great for that so keep it up but it may always be thick skin there, just like if we have a scar from a burn or other trauma from years or months ago, it may only be able to get better to a certain point.

mrsphate

Original Poster
AHBD":3mq6mg5d said:
Beardies do bulge their eyes, sometimes because their close to shedding + sometimes just at random...it always freaks out the owner the first time they see it. And I agree, the basking temp. may be better around 95, but also be sure to give him regular drinks with a syringe or see if he'll drink in the bath since he may be thirsty. I'm glad to hear that his bad eye is doing a little better. Who knows how long it has been that way and how hard that skin has become....the honey is great for that so keep it up but it may always be thick skin there, just like if we have a scar from a burn or other trauma from years or months ago, it may only be able to get better to a certain point.

Did you see his picture? lol WOW I'd say they bulge would be an understatement. But I'm glad to know it isn't yet another issue. I tried googling it and someone on Yahoo answers yesterday said, that's how beardie's clean their eyes....any truth in that? Anyway his eye's aren't bulging now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKFA
Top Bottom