bulb advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

theimmortaljedi

Hatchling Member
A few days a week the temp in my house drops a little by 5 or ten dagrees. I read online that even though I have 100 watt basking bulb that is I switched it on those days to 100 watt household bulb it will warn it up more.
Shoul I do this? Is this true that a household balb of the same wattage will be warmer? Should I change the bulbs on some days when my house is cooler? ANY and ALL advice will be great. PLEASE HELP!!
thanks

WAFisherman

Hatchling Member
We need to know the temps of the basking spot, warm side, cool side. Inside the tank. And if the 5 to 10 degree swing is observered in the tank at those spots as well. A night drop is fine when your bulb is off as long at it isn't much below 65.

theimmortaljedi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
WAFisherman":a38be said:
We need to know the temps of the basking spot, 100 warm side, 85 cool side. Inside the tank. And if the 5 to 10 degree swing is observered in the tank at those spots as well. yes A night drop is fine when your bulb is off as long at it isn't much below 65.
about 60 at night.

Is it true that 100 watss of a house bulb is hotter then 100 watts of a pet store reptile bulb?
thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom