building viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcsearle

Hatchling Member
I am thinking of buliding my own viv, but i have a couple questions about it.

I am thinking of making 2 on top of other but my problem is wont the heat from the bottom one make the top one over heat as heat raises?? Or am I ok and dont have to worry about it.

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
i have that problem with my 3 stack that i made but i think i know how to fix it this is my idea, since you use the ceramic holders like the ones at home depot right? im going to put a metal thing that will drop it down a little i forget what there called light box or something like that and then screw the cermaic thing to that so this will give it some air flow above the fixture and then what also i was going to do to mine is put a layer of foam between the cages so this will act as insulation i think this would make it work perfect the reason it heats up the next cage is because the cermaic thing is screwed right to the ceiling of the lower viv and that cermaic fixture gets hot which heats up the wood and so on and so on but i almost positive this system would work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom