Building enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

isdrake

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have been unsure about the amount of UVB because it's a pretty large enclosure. But I have done some sneaking around and it seems like you are right, one bulb should be enough. Less work for me, yay. :p

isdrake

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Is it okay if I continue to post another WIP even if it's for another lizard? It's sort of the same project since we have building them both at the same time. The bearded dragon enclosure are standing on top of it.

This enclosure is for our Argentine Black & White Tegu Whisky. :p It's pretty big.

whisky13_orig_SE.jpg

Vivarium_79701.jpg

Vivarium_79793.jpg

Vivarium_79918.jpg

Vivarium_81004.jpg

Vivarium_83096.jpg

Vivarium_84231.jpg

Vivarium_84232.jpg

Vivarium_84233.jpg

isdrake

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Whisky have moved in now. :D There is still a lot I want to do with these enclosures but it's such a relief that all the lizards have good homes now.

bygge27_orig_SE.jpg

bygge24_orig_SE.jpg

bygge25_orig_SE.jpg

bygge24_orig_SE.jpg

bygge23_orig_SE.jpg

bygge26_orig_SE.jpg

whisky21_orig_SE.jpg

whisky20_orig_SE.jpg

whisky19_orig_SE.jpg

And I also wanted to add this funny scorpion beardie. XD
zelda20_orig_SE.jpg

Rukia1988

Juvie Member
That looks really amazing you guys did a really good job and you are going to have some very happy lizards!

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
I knew a fellow who has one of those. It is the biggest suck. I always said one day I'd get one. He also has a Savannah monitor, but I prefered the B & W Tegu.
Excellent job on the enclosure. :)

isdrake

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ronzie":1i6y9a4r said:
I knew a fellow who has one of those. It is the biggest suck. I always said one day I'd get one. He also has a Savannah monitor, but I prefered the B & W Tegu.
Excellent job on the enclosure. :)

I prefer the Tegu too (obviously). You be better of this these guys than a Savannah, not that I have any experience with them but Tegus seems better in almost every way, plus they look cooler. :) But there are many other cool monitors out there. *drools*

isdrake

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here comes some more updates. I have done a fake rock background, and it truly looks fake, lol. I really need more practice. XD

It's made in four sections that is simply attached to the plywood so that we can take them away if we need to move the enclosure. I think it would have looked a lot better if I have done it inside the enclosure as a whole section but that's a price we have to pay.

They are made in the most classic way using styrofoam and grout. It's actually five sections. I was working at my parents summer house and the last piece didn't fit into our car so I couldn't take it with me.

Also added some more plants that really makes the whole thing look more alive. I hope she likes it. :D

car.jpg

bygge28.jpg

bygge29.jpg

bygge32.jpg

And some size reference:
bygge30.jpg

bygge31.jpg

Bradleyv1714

Hatchling Member
WOW!!!!!!!!!! is really all I can say! those are some amazing vivs! HUGE!!! I wish I had that much space in my house!

if you dont mind telling me... what kind of screws did you use? and did you use any of those metal bindings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom