Building a Huge enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch123

Original Poster
Ok, here's another question I've been hearing alot about being like 12-18 inches away from the MVB bulbs and stuff. What if I put this bulb on a dimmer switch and turned the heat down a bit, do you think then my bearded dragon could be closer to the bulb?

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Mitch123":918b5 said:
Ok, here's another question I've been hearing alot about being like 12-18 inches away from the MVB bulbs and stuff. What if I put this bulb on a dimmer switch and turned the heat down a bit, do you think then my bearded dragon could be closer to the bulb?
NO! This distance is not based on the heat. It is based on the UVB output. Any closer is damaging your beardie with UV radiation. AND don't put an MVB on a dimmer. It could blow much quicker. They are not designed to go on a dimmer switch.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Mitch123 said:
Well Robin since my tank is bigger do you think you could give me an estimate of how much it will cost for a 5 x 10 peice of oak?

Hi Mitch123,

I apologize for not responding sooner :oops: At the Home Depot where we live (Imperial Beach, CA), oak is around 45.00 for a 4 X 8 sheet. I didn't see any other sizes. That is why we went with birch. It was 38.00 per sheet and it has pretty much the same grain pattern as oak. For our enclosures we used 2 sheets of 1/2 inch and 2 sheets of 3/4 inch (there was left over). No matter which you decide to go with, I'm sure you will end up with a fabulous enclosure that your beardie will enjoy for life.

(Just don't forget to post it on the Vivs Thread when it's finished :D )

Mitch123

Original Poster
O, so it's for the UV radiation. Ok and 12 inches away, that seems alot but i'll try :?

I'll post pics of my viv when done probably going to do it during march break! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom