Building a Fake Rock Cave in 10 Easy Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
That is absolutely amazing! The rock is beautiful, and so is your beardie by the way! And that you posted it all up here to share with us - well I definately thank you cuz I'm gonna need all he help I can get for when I try it!!

Thanks for sharing!

MagillaGorilla

Hatchling Member
yea no offense to whoever made the previous rock building instructions under the care sheets but this one was much better and the pictures were much clearer about what you were doing

heather12

Thank you thank you thank you. I'm building like crazy with your excellent instructions. Here are a couple that I have done.
lizardenclosures043.jpg

lizards097.jpg

Nice easy steps to building this, about to work on mine, just had a question if anyone can answer, where did you get the Terra Cotta Cement Color? I tried looking in Wal-Mart, but couldn't find any. Thanks in advance.

heather12

I tried that. If you get any where you will be grouting the grout wont stick so you need another adhesive to cover the silicone and glue sand to it so the grout will stick. Also the same with hotglue you need to use constuction adhesive like liquid nails it is a little more forgiving when it comes time to grout the grout dosn't just slide off like the others.

MagillaGorilla

Hatchling Member
i ended up getting hot glue and it worked out fine, but if you use it for to long the glue gets hot enough that it melts the styrofoam, so only glue for like 10 minutes at a time

MagillaGorilla":2f8a9 said:
i ended up getting hot glue and it worked out fine, but if you use it for to long the glue gets hot enough that it melts the styrofoam, so only glue for like 10 minutes at a time

Try using a low temp glue gun... there are 2 types of glue guns. A high temp an low temp. Check to see what yours is. :study:

MagillaGorilla

Hatchling Member
It ended up working out fine, im putting on the final coat of sealant and will take some pictures when they are all done drying =D

Edit: Here they are, thanks for your great instructions!

2640wmx.jpg

f2sl5v.jpg

2wdsjs3.jpg

13zahci.jpg

wow this is amazing! This is really helpful I'm going to get started on making a fake rock for my little guy whenever I get the time.

acgordon

Hatchling Member
I love how your first pic is one from Sketchup! Did you model it there first before you built it? I do that with furniture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom