Building a Fake Rock Cave in 10 Easy Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Yeah, WaterDragons are definately a different story, so I see your point. I also never thought about the raised humidity problem either.

imsarah

So I gave this a try today and went crazy, not in a bad way. Any tips on removing the great stuff (it really is) from your skin? I think I went a bit overboard with it and got it all over the place. I had an easier time removing it from the carpet than I'm having getting it off my hands. :oops:

RedHandFilms

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Try GooGone, a brand of cleaning products that will get just about anything out of anything. You can find it at your local hardware store. They should have some hand soap that will get anything off your hands.
You could also try Lava Soap. A citric hand soap with pumice in it that will help scrub anything off.

Be sure to post pics somewhere when you're done. Good luck.

imsarah

Yeah, I tried everything you try for getting adhesive off your hands. Baby oil, alchohol, goo gone, mechanics soap (pretty much the same as the lava, with the citris and pumice), nothings getting this stuff off. Its like superglue and you just have to let it flake off on its own. I may take sandpaper to my hands, I gotta work tomorrow.

imsarah

Yeah, I'll have to remember that next time. The thing is, it was getting all over the place because it says to shake vigorously between sprays, so I'm shaking it all over the place. It was in my hair, on the carpet, on the door. Luckily, it was just little balls of styrofoam I could pluck off everything else. The goo gone worked okay for getting it out of my hair (thank goodness) and you know what DID work for getting it off my hands? A pumice stone. I'm in the shower trying to scrub it off with a washcloth and looked over and saw my pedicure stone and thought "hmmm.... " and was able to buff most of it off my hands and arms. YAY!

i have a baby citrus and she turns dark when she's on a dark log but i have a piece of white cynder block in her tank and she turns real yellow on it and its alot cooler when shes yellow...i dont think she would mind having a bright color rock. how can i make it like a white or bright yello wor somthing brighter?

imsarah

The grout I got is real light colored, I think it's sandstone or sahara tan. I'm actually concerned it's too light. I might try adding some plants for more color.

boxers

Hatchling Member
thank you very much for posting this, i was about to post a topic on asking how to do this, but i saw this first. Once i get a bigger tank set up i will defiantly make one. this is so much better that buying fake rock, or using real rock because you can actually fully customize it

:D

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
Quik question so i'm getting ready to buld a rock something not sure what yet. On some lizard landscaping site it says to use liquid nails for glueing the styro together. The other day I bought a hot glue gun, at micheals was 3 bucks nothing fancy high temp. And when I applied it to some test styro it seems to melt a bit. So should i get a low heat one? Or what kind did you use?

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
"Great Stuff Expanding Foam Insulator ~ $5.00 (Trust me, this stuff will make things much easier and is well worth it) this was in the supplies list."

this is what they used.

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
beardiebandit":f0585 said:
"Great Stuff Expanding Foam Insulator ~ $5.00 (Trust me, this stuff will make things much easier and is well worth it) this was in the supplies list."

this is what they used.
So thats what they used to stick it together or jusr fill in the holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom