Buffy is coughing ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Slate tile, you can find it at almost any home improvement store like Lowes, Home Depot, etc. For the meantime though they will be fine on paper towels, newspaper.

Sorry I really have no idea what medicine it would be seeing as we really don't know for sure what is happening to buffy. Thats why it really is essential to get her to the vet.

If you have anymore questions I'd be glad to answer them or at least point you in the right direction.

-Brandon

aprilstar412

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so he is the update i just took out all the walnut shells out of buffys and rex tank. Buffy is still Coughing but she is still aleart i havent seen her eat he greens but i did see her eat her mealworms
and thing else i can do to help he still comfee until i have money to take her to the vet?

aprilstar412

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update SO tody Buffy went to the vet now she is on Medication for her cough and also is on a force feed diet. ALso the doctor said that Buffy has like yok on her overys and needs more calisume so she can lay the unferetle eggs. SO BUFFY is a girl lol Now its a waiting game to see how well she get. Thank u u guys =)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Im very glad you were able to get her to the vet! Do you know what medication she is on for her cough? Did the vet say exactly what was wrong with her respiratory system?

If you don't already have a calcium powder one that we recommend is the repcal calcium with vit. d3. Just put her feeders in a little bag, put a pinch of the calcium powder in the bag, shake it all up and the calcium will coat the feeders.
You can put it on the salad instead of the feeders but my dragons dont' really like their salad when calcium is on it.

Did the doc tell you how often he/she recommends you dust with calcium? or did he want you to give it orally with liquid calcium?

EDIT: just remembered you said force feed diet, which kinda rules out calcium dust on feeders/salad :p. So did the doc give you instructions on raising the calcium? And what are you forcefeeding her?

-Brandon

aprilstar412

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The Doctor did say she have a Respiratory infecting and its caused by the bedding i had her on which was the Walnut shells ( Shame on that!) lol
For her coughing she is geting the fortaz injection. which is 7 injections.

He did give me a Calcium Vitamin 3d lol
Also gave her vitamin ADE injection.

Th force feed diet is called OXbow Critcal Care Packet. ITs kinda hard to force feed her by yourself when the rest of the family wont help you lol but she seems to like it and the doctor said in no time she will open her mother and want it with no problem.

She did turn her regular color again which is like a bright yellow. i now can see what people mean when her tail is dark and her bearded. But atleast she is geting her color back again. =)

fez09

Extreme Poster
I'm sooooo glad that you got her to the vet! You are a good slave, don't beat yourself up too much, you are learning the right care for her on this forum! Keep us posted on her recovery!

aprilstar412

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank you two so much for the advice you guys helped me save my buffy once again thank you and iwill forsure keep ou guys updated =)

aprilstar412

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
sadly to say..
Buffy died. today like 10 mins ago

I dont no what it was from. could it have been the Fortaz Injections

the Calclum Glubionate
or
Oxbow crittical Packte

I dont udnerstand y she died i dont understand

R.I.P Buffy

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Im very sorry to hear about your loss. We were all cheering for her. Maybe it was just her time. She knows you tried and that's all that's important now.

-Brandon

aprilstar412

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today was the day buffy got burryed.. Im going to miss her so much i cant believe she died.. Even though she was a lizard and just another pet she was still part of my family. She now restes in the peaceful earth with Spike my 14 yr old igunna and pinky my 5 yr old albino corn snake R.I.P buffy you will be missed.

Buffy
2006-2010

aprilstar412

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Buffy First time in her new home :D
l_bbf929fdaa86fb2020c76f24a6b489cd.jpg

BUffy last time i saw her alive.. :(
buffylastmoment.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
617781l
Top Bottom