Budo's New Sister - Prospekt! (New Pics Added) **DUW**

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
I wasn't really planning on any more BPs, I was thinking if I were to get another snake some time soon I'd go with another blood or RTB, or maybe even something arboreal... I'd love an ATB or carpet...

But when I saw this little one I just couldn't say no!

07 normal (if you can call her a normal!) from Bleepr on Fauna.

Debating between naming her Prospekt, as in Prospekt's March, an album by my favorite band, Coldplay, and Jaune, meaning yellow in French, because she's quite obviously very yellow. (Plus, yellow is the color of insanity. This is not to say that she's insane, just that the person who named her is insane. :mrgreen: )

Sorry about the pic quality, I'll have better ones up once she settles in.

DSC03252.jpg

DSC03256.jpg

DSC03261.jpg

DSC03257.jpg

DSC03263.jpg

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
She is a great looking normal, possibly a potential dinker! Are you sure she is an 07? She seems kinda small for being almost 2 or 2 years old.

Congrats on a beautiful new baby. :D

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
annieoakley123":189d1 said:
...What does Budo Think about this? :shock:
:lol: Budo hasn't met Prospekt yet, she's on quarantine in the other room. But he will definitely see her once her QT time's done. Since his viv has a view of the entire room, he does see whenever I take out the other snakes. For the first few weeks, he was terrified of them, bearded if he got the slightest glimpse of them. But now he knows that I would never let them near him and that they don't do anything of interest. (Which, in all honesty, they don't. :lol: I absolutely adore all of them, but Budo is much more interesting.)

OgleRpets":189d1 said:
She is a great looking normal, possibly a potential dinker! Are you sure she is an 07? She seems kinda small for being almost 2 or 2 years old.

Congrats on a beautiful new baby. :D
Thanks! I agree, she would make for some great breeding projects! Unfortunately, I don't have any breeding plans at the moment, but maybe in a few years I could try her out with a pastel male of sorts. No, I'm not sure she's an 07. She was sold to the person who sold her to me as an 07, but we're not sure at all. She does supposedly have some feeding problems, which I suppose would have contributed to her size, but she's still pretty small...

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Maya....what a beautiful snake! I do like the name Prospekt. Then again Jaune is rather different. You say it is french for yellow. Well that explains where jaundice comes from.
BTW...I never knew that yellow is the color of insanity. That would probably explain why my hair is blonde(yellow) :roll:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you, Dawn! I don't actually speak French, I use an online translator. I love naming my animals in foreign languages, the names are so beautiful. Prospekt is actually my first reptile named in English.

My hair is yellow, too! :D

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Handling day! :love5: She's a total sweetie, although she did take a few snaps at the camera...

DSC03304.jpg

DSC03296.jpg

DSC03297.jpg

DSC03311.jpg

DSC03319.jpg

DSC03271.jpg

Compare.
This is her balled up on Wednesday.
DSC03263.jpg

And here's her today (with my hand). It's amazing how tight they can ball up!
DSC03312.jpg

DSC03318.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Prospekt sure is a looker! I love her coloring!

I guess you decided against the insane yellow name, huh?! :lol:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I didn't exactly decide against it... I kind of got into the habit of calling her Prospekt, and it stuck. :? But I have written down Jaune and intend to use it if I find any other insanely yellow snakes. There is the expo in September, after all. :mrgreen:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
VEGASLIZARD":c763a said:
Wow, she is a great looking ball. My son is nuts for those. How many other snakes do you have?
Thanks! They are awesome pets. Right now I've only got two BPs and a blood python, but I'm getting a red tail boa and something else (either a Dumerils boa or another blood) at the expo this month. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom