Buddah&Hydro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so i'm joining the club, lol. I'm going to make a "big post".
A little backround...
About two years ago I REALLY wanted a beardie. My mom got me a hamster instead (not a fan). A couple of days after this past christmas, I went to my local petstore, and held a beardie. I bought all of the stuff they told me to and brought my new baby home. After I set her up in her viv my uncle looked at her and he said "I think you should name her Buddah", I liked the name so it stuck. A couple of weeks after having Buddah with no vitamins and no calcium or uvb, she started twitching. I checked the site and it was early signs of MBD. I paniced, I thought for sure she would die. I went out and got some calcium and vitamins. After about two days on the calc and vit the twitching slowed down. When I got the money together I bought a Repti-Sun UVB and then the twitching stopped. Now, i've had Buddah for about 3 months and I love her.

Fast forward two 1/2 months. My uncle said he thought I should get another beardie, I had a spare tank, UVB strip bulb and light fixtures so I figured, why not? I saw DistDrag had posted in the "for sale". As soon as I saw him with his little beard puffing out, he had to be mine. It was a week after I saw the post that I got my new beardie in the mail. My other uncle picked out the name Hydro, and I liked it too so that also stuck. I have not had any problems with Hydro, hes a healthy BIG boy. He is SUCH a sweetheart and I love him.

So theres the backround. :D I have some questions, lol. I'll be back with them :p

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Since I got Hydro, him and Buddah have been getting along fine. They pretty much act like the other one isn't even there. Sometimes I take them out on my bed together and they just run around. When I bathe them together they run up to eachother and lick the other ones face. When they are in there vivs they cannot see eachother.

The other day my boyfriend was laying on my bed and he said "Buddah just waved at me" I didn't believe him since she hadn't waved since I got her. I told him maybe she just moved her arm. Then the next day I was laying on my bed looking at her and she started waving at me too. I was like "huh?" I was really confused as to why she would wave.

THEN last night, I had Hydro out. Buddah was in her viv. Hydro kept trying to jump off my bed so I would pick him up and put him back into the middle of the bed. I guess he didn't like it because HE HEADBOBBED at me. :shock: I was shocked, he had never done thing before and he is only 3 months old. I don't really think that they are doing this because of one another because they didn't do it for the first 2 weeks I got Hydro.

Any Ideas?

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Ones is waving at the other one saying hellooo dont eat me. I have 2 babys from DistDrag and just ordered another one this am woot! Well the 2 girls will arm wave back n forth at eachother they dont really do it anymore like they used to. Very sweet and mellow beardies! Our 8 month old waves to the 6/7 yr old its a sign of submission for beardies. Prob is all settled in and the fun is over hes getting mad that your playing with another. They can be buggars!

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Another beardie. WOW you have your hands full!

I know Buddah is a girl and Hydro is a boy, but now Buddahs femoral pores are showing more.

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey! Well, Hydro and Buddah are doing good. Last night was bath night. Usually Hydro freaks out in the bath. Last night was different though. I put him in the bath and he started to drink some water as usual. After a couple of minutes he started to swim. I was so excited because usually Buddah is the swimmer. I'm so mad i couldnt get pics. He's growing like a weed at 13" at 3 months. Buddah is about 5 months and 11 inches. They no longer get along so no more play time together or bathing together. Maybe one day they can be friends lol. Hydro is starting to loose wieght which I am trying to prevent. It takes him forever to eat his butters. I've started to give him 2 waxies a day to fatten him up a bit.

I'll be back with pics =]

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Glad Hydro is enjoying bath time! Roo and Lexia at 6 weeks couldnt be friends anymore either :( Roo was a meanie. I can't wait to see pictures!!

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol. I know.. Buddah has a reallll attitude with Hydro. If it were up to Hydro they would be the best of friends. He is such a mush. I think maybe it's because he's from a breeder and she's from a pet store. He got much more attention than she did so he's used to it.

I came home tonight and found Buddah sleeping on her rock. Ofcourse I had to pick her up and put her in a blankie :love5:
They truley are like my babies

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone.
I REALLY want to make them a stackable viv. I am trying to find something on craigslist that I can convert into 2 vivs. What search words should I use, lol?

Once I get the piece, do I need to seal it with something?

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I finally have some pics. Only of Hydro for now though.

When I first got Hydro, I thought he was a normal. Yesterday, his head shed. This is what it looks like now. (His body is still in shed)
buddahandhydro051-1.jpg
buddahandhydro050-1.jpg

Looks a little yellow to me =]

Heres just a few more random pics.
buddahandhydro052-1.jpg

Hes really getting big.
buddahandhydro053-1.jpg

buddahandhydro054-1.jpg

buddahandhydro056-1.jpg

His creamy white belly =]
buddahandhydro057-1.jpg

He's the sweetest thing.

I'm going to try and get some nice pictures of Buddah. (She's in a mood latley).

-Brittany

DistDrag

Juvie Member
He's (Hydo) looking really good. Don't be too surprised if he continues to lighten up and the yellow/citrus coloring comes out. Nice to see some pictures. You need to get some new ones of Buddah on here too.

Kevin

BrittanyS

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks DistDrag. He really is looking good. My camera just died so I have to wait to get pics of Buddah, hopefully tomorrow. My family is really starting to warm up to them. Today, my uncle came over (who has always had a fear of lizards, snakes etc.). He's always been fond of Buddah. He kept hinting that he would take her if I couldn't take care of her lol. He kept saying "Britt, Buddah really loves me" . LOL. I'm thinking about talking him into getting a beardie or me finding a rescue on craigslist. She just shed so her colors look really beautiful. I need to get some pics before she goes back into shed which shouldn't be too long now since she always shedding something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom