Bsfl killed by moth repellent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah she's a big healthy dragon. I would focus on a nice wide variety of veges for her to ensure she doesn't run into protein/fat related issues as she gets older. I was nervous about doing that with my dragon at first but he eats a ton of veges now and he's really active and his weight is stable so I don't feel badly at all when he only gets bugs once in a while. He seems to thrive on salad.

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I was actually ready to limit her bugs I just wasn't 100% sure when...because she still not a year old...I was cautious as to weather it would be a good idea to do it now...but the good thing is that she's kind of doing it by herself....there are days when she only wants salad and completely ignores bugs or vice versa where she eats all bugs and no salads, there are days when she eats like 5 roaches and runs to her salad...then there are days like now where she just nit picks at her food...but that's just cause she's in shed and she tends to get a bit moody around this time...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's actually a really good sign and she's telling you it's time to transition to veges a bit earlier than is usually recommended. That's fine - they all grow at their own rate and the 12-18 month guideline that is usually thrown out there is not set in stone, it's just an estimate. I don't think she's likely to grow much bigger without it affecting her health adversely.

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay it's settled then. I will cut the bugs down to a few times a week and offer her mostly veggies. Thanks for the help Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasiacolson
Top Bottom