Brunet ion - what if sheldon doesn't poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
I'm still not sure what Sheldon is doing. He doesn't seem sick at all but he never did poop it's been well over a week. I have given him 2 warm baths and still nothing. He just hides most of the day and isn't eating. Should I just leave him be?

KRayne

Hatchling Member
If Sheldon isn't pooping you could try a couple few drops of olive oil. When Lily hadn't pooped I mixed a few drops of extra virgin olive oil with about 1/2-1 tsp of pure canned pumpkin that she ate. Later that day, or the next day, Lily pooped twice and the first was very large since she hadn't pooped for almost a week.
Not all beardies poop everyday or every other day, some take a few days. Try the olive oil. I hope this helps and that Sheldon poops. :D

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah, that was it, lol i noticed this morning when i replied, i swear i meant brumation :)

It's weird, he almost seems "depressed" or something he's awake but just kinda laying in his hidey hole. I took him and bathed him last night even got him to eat a few roaches, he basked cause i put him up there then this morning he was back underneath lol. he isn't acting sick or anything but it's been at least a week since he pooped.

KRayne

Hatchling Member
If he's brumating and hiding all day and not pooping I've heard it is advised not to feed them so they don't become impacted. I think it really depends how 'heavily' they are brumating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom