Brumation??

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Hi ya’ll. Little Haku is going on 11 months soon, and I’m starting to worry a bit.
I have no idea if he’s going into brumation or not. He’s showing classic signs, as to not eating as much and staying in his hide a bit more than usual. But the other day, he was running all over the place in his enclosure! All of my temps are perfect, so is the UVB exposure. But he’s just not eating as much as he should be! I try to feed him twice a day, but he’ll only eat once most of the time. He’s not sick, he’s showing symptoms of brumation one day and being energetic the next, I just have no clue what’s going on! He’s also starting to shed. It’s like a roulette every day, sometimes he’s up and kicking and sometimes he just isn’t. But no matter what, he still only eats once a day now. It’s all just confusing. Am I reading too much into this?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi ya’ll. Little Haku is going on 11 months soon, and I’m starting to worry a bit.
I have no idea if he’s going into brumation or not. He’s showing classic signs, as to not eating as much and staying in his hide a bit more than usual. But the other day, he was running all over the place in his enclosure! All of my temps are perfect, so is the UVB exposure. But he’s just not eating as much as he should be! I try to feed him twice a day, but he’ll only eat once most of the time. He’s not sick, he’s showing symptoms of brumation one day and being energetic the next, I just have no clue what’s going on! He’s also starting to shed. It’s like a roulette every day, sometimes he’s up and kicking and sometimes he just isn’t. But no matter what, he still only eats once a day now. It’s all just confusing. Am I reading too much into this?
It's the weather they slow down on their eating- brumation is when they sleep all the time - so this would not be brumation- just keep an eye on him and feed him - if he's eating basking pooping he's fine

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
It's the weather they slow down on their eating- brumation is when they sleep all the time - so this would not be brumation- just keep an eye on him and feed him - if he's eating basking pooping he's fine
This is what I thought, thanks for putting my mind at rest lol! I’m such a worry wart and just want the best for him

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They definitely make us worry about them! Not all brumate but quite a few of them do.
The most important thing I can say to do is to just monitor their physical condition, color
of their beard, the pads on top of their head, etc. If they are healthy their body weight
probably wont budge much at all.
If he just slows down some & wants to be a little lazy but still bask some that is normal
as well.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom