Brumation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
So Mandela is a little over a year old now, and recently the weather here in California has become more stormy as winter comes around. He has started hiding for the majority of the days, aside from a few times where he runs around his enclosure. But he also hasn't been eating much and is instead sleeping a lot more than normal. I've been watching to make sure he isn't losing weight but since I recently moved out of my parents house I don't have the scale I used to borrow from my father to weigh him, but he doesn't appear to be losing weight. Is it possible that he's just beginning to brumate? This behavior began when the weather began changing, before he was completely active and eating very well

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like it could be some level of brumation, yes. It's important to keep an eye on his weight though so I suggest picking up a small kitchen scale. If he doesn't fit on it, you can use a shoebox top to put him in and just tare the scale with the box top on it to get an accurate reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshG88
Top Bottom