brumation signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

my berdie wont eat anything at all and only moves to his hide at night and to his basking spot in the morning and he stays in the same spot all day he is 2 years old. i got him a week and 1 day ago. he has a basking spot of 105 and a cool spot of 78 he always has a bowl of salad in his cage but he never eats it. today he threw-up, but the wierd part is when i take him out of his cage he runs all arould he looks happy but in the time iv had him all he has at is 14 superworms 1 cricket and a small bowl of salad( which i put in his mouth when he was drinking so he would eat it). is this signs of brumation or does he need to go to the vet.

BQ: what are stools

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
They can throw up for many reasons, one being not able to digest their food. Make sure the food is no bigger than the space between their eyes and that they have at least 1 hour to warm up before they eat when you put lights on and the same for a night- dont feed 1-2 hours before lights out. there is a good care article on this site which may help you with the signs of brumation. Try him with different live food, such as dubai roaches or phoenix worms, he may like those. You could also hide live food in the salad to entice him to eat. Stools are poo. You can get a poo / fecal test at the vets to rule out parasites or something else that may be affecting him

zac

Original Poster
i took him to the vet today and he is all got but we could not get a fecal test as he would not give us any poo so when he poos im going to take it to my vet. i also had a x-ray done on him and his bones are looking good she said. today also i got a 40 breeder from petco for 40 dollars ( on sale) also some repti-carpet.

zac

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
zac":hp5pdc1k said:
i took him to the vet today and he is all got but we could not get a fecal test as he would not give us any poo so when he poos im going to take it to my vet. i also had a x-ray done on him and his bones are looking good she said. today also i got a 40 breeder from petco for 40 dollars ( on sale) also some repti-carpet.

zac

Glad he looked ok. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom