Brumation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Hi everyone - sorry to add yet ANOTHER brumation thread on here, but I'm a newbie, so please take pity. :)

A month ago we rearranged the flagstone in my beardie's tank, creating a cave. Once my beardie discovered it, she snoozed for 3 straight days before waking up in one heck of a mood. She normalized after a couple days and I thought that was that.

We just bought a roll of cork bark to add to the tank since we have plenty of vertical space and the beardie loves to climb. Instead of climbing, however, she quickly found one of the shadowy crannies created by the new addition and started to sleep. Every once in a while, she opens a sleepy eye to watch us when we enter the room. Today has been day 3 of this behavior.

Is this her trying to finish brumation? Is she sick? We're not really sure what to make of this, and would rather get a confirmation that something's wrong before taking her to the vet. Insights, advice, and experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she's trying to brumate. I'd keep an eye on her but let her do her thing. Take her out once maybe twice a week to give her a quick warm bath and record her weight. As long as her weight is steady, I would let her continue to sleep. Brumation lasts for various amounts of time but she'll likely just come out of it on her own soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom