Brumation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
I've read some articules but nothing on what my BD is doing.
She has refused to eat for the past 6 days. But she still basks most of the time. I've tried to put her in her hide but she wants nothing of it.
I've been shortening the light cycle each day, but should I change her basking light. The light now is at 105*. I can put in a lower wattage and bring the temps down 12* - 15*.
Were going away for a week on Wednesday and want to make sure she's going to be fine. I do have someone coming in daily.
Last year she just stopped eating and went to sleep on her cool side.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
What uvb are you using and how old is it? I ask this because when our Goldie's uvb is older and no longer gives out enough uvb, she looses her appetite.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":2a65ix47 said:
What uvb are you using and how old is it? I ask this because when our Goldie's uvb is older and no longer gives out enough uvb, she looses her appetite.

A 5 month old reptisun 10.0 (june 30th new) and she's 1 yr 8 months.
The other day I did change her basking light to a lower wattage and she was moving around her tank. Put back her main one and back to basking.
She had slowed down her eating before stopping.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You might want to consider replacing the uvb. When we had the reptisun 10 tube on our girls, the one on Goldie was about 4.5 months old when Goldie's appetite diminished. About a day or so after putting the new one on her appetite increased.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Any other time of year it might be attributed to the bulb, and it may be. But since this dragon is 18 months old, it's probably going in to brumation.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I put her in her hide last night. She doesn't like confined spaces or hides usually but I made it cozy.
She's still in there this morning. Also when I take her out of her tank she will explore. The last couple of times she goes looking for a corner and tries to go to sleep.
I read a articule on Reptisun uvb bulbs and they said they give off 100% uvb for 6 months and then decrease slowly after that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wifes hair dresser has a 5 year old rescue that belonged to her sons friend. It lived in his bedroom in a tank that never got over 90* and never had a uvb tube. It had a reg. light bulb not a basking light. She had me come over to give her some tips.
The only uvb light this thing had was coming in the window of the boys room. Plus he never fed it right and yet although it's dark and wild looking it seems fine. It is now in a proper cage with proper lighting.
These creatures are very hardy.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
They can seem hardy but there can be something wrong and we don't see it. It takes quite a while for illness to show in our beloved dragons and quite a while for the illness to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom