Brumation Maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Elvis is about 2 years old now and I have had him for just about a year. He was doing good for awhile after i gave him his meds and got rid of his parasites. Now he isnt eating at all maybe 2 or 4 crickets A DAY and doesnt touch his green/veggies. He hasnt pooped in about 2 weeks and all he does is lay in one spot all day and all night. He doesnt even move anymore unless i get in there and move him around. He doesnt bask, he just doesnt do anything. His eyes are closed most of the day. His color and everything seems to be doing fine. Im just a little worried cause this is my first full winter with him. His temps are all fine. I just replaced his UVB 2 months ago. Any help anyone?

Stork141

hey i dont have a answer i was actually look for a answer to this question too. My dragon did the same things last year at this time. she would just sit in her hid all day all night and it lasted for almost 2 months. I have been able to get her out for a while with a superworms or just take her out to move around or give a bath. I understand what you are going through. the 1st time it happened to me i freaked out and had no idea what to do so like mangofeet i would love some help on this subject too.

Mangofeet sorry for not being able to help but your not alone ha

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like brumation to me. If they lose a lot of weight then I think that's a bad sign, but if they are maintaining (or losing only a little) weight but just being lethargic it's most likely ok. I'm no expert, so don't trust my thoughts completely. I'm sure there's more thorough info out there about brumating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom