Brumation Lengths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamin99

Juvie Member
I know that not all dragons are the same... But how long does this typically last?

I wanna say that my Dragon started this around the middle part of November just basically wanting to sleep all the time and going to the cooler side of his tank no matter what. Finally I covered him with a towel and he stayed that way for about a week.. I left his lights on cycle incase he wanted to come out to bask which he normally would do. This time he did not and has been under a towel sleeping since around this time. I try to bring him out once a week for a bath. He wakes up easily, isn't mad and doesn't nod off in the bath. The very first wake-up I was worried and propped his head up and he simply laid there for about 5 minutes then got up.

Everytime after that he has been wide awake and up standing and roaming in the tub after a short period of time.

So my question is, how long do they tend to do this? Can I expect him up and about in a week or so or is this going to last a long time?

Can they go back to regular diets after waking up or do you make it light with just greens? Should I offer a pro-biotic such as Acidophiliz+ or just greens or can they go straight to normal insects and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom