brumating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnisha

Juvie Member
Hmm....Godzilla's two, we got him in feb so this is our first fall with him. I didn't realize they started this early but I guess after reading everything on here they do! I noticed last week that he spends alot of time under his box and that he seems to be annoyed if bothered!!!! He is hardly eating, only every few days, and still pooping normally after eating. He gets very agrivated if i move him to his basking spot one day tried to get me!!!! which he has never done! But he was asleep! and in the afternoon!!!!

So, I guess my biggest question is how often to bath, ffeed, etc while they brumate?

lizbeth5655

Hatchling Member
I got my three yo in feb as well so I know exactly what you are going thru. Dewey has been asleep for a week or two now. your best bet is to read up on it as much as possible. from what I've read (and I may be wrong) bathe once or twice a week. Make sure veggies and salad are still offered. he/she will eat when they are ready. they know their body better than you do. dont force feed. if they do eat, make sure basking time is forced. if they dont go to the bathroom after eating watch it careful. any food left inside them can cause parasites or rot. misting is also important since they are not getting a lot of water while sleeping so twice a day is recommended. This is what I've read so far. I'm sure others could offer more insight, but as I am learning from experience right now as well I will try and keep you updated as I figure things out.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom