Bruising on head

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have 2 female rescued female beardies in the same tank and they have always been fine together. I noticed this purple/red like bruise ontop of her head when i came down one morning and was wondering if its just a bruise and if anyone can give some advice. She just finished shedding her head and figured it was from scratching or the other has climbed over her. I've treated it with diluted iodine and bathed her. i noticed a smaller patch at the front of her snout you cant really see it on camera here are the images. http://prntscr.com/fht9xc http://prntscr.com/fhtag3

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That does look like a burn or bruise. It's possible one attacked the other. They can turn on eachother pretty quickly. How close can they get to their lighting? Too close may cause a burn. If you don't see an open wound it should be able to heal up on it's own but you may want to keep them apart in case one was going after the other.

jasonhaldane

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3bf30658 said:
That does look like a burn or bruise. It's possible one attacked the other. They can turn on eachother pretty quickly. How close can they get to their lighting? Too close may cause a burn. If you don't see an open wound it should be able to heal up on it's own but you may want to keep them apart in case one was going after the other.

The light is on the roof of the 4ft viv with a guard around it so i doubt its a burn. They can't get close enough to make contact with it either. And the other in the cage is very old she and can barely hit her food. is it possible she just scratched her while climbing over?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK probably not a burn then. It looks like a wide area to be a scratch but I can't say for sure. If she just shed, then perhaps the skin underneath wasn't ready yet and is still a bit young/raw. If that's the case then it should just heal up as the skin develops. I see this around hands/fingers sometimes if a shed gets caught on something and pulled off a little before it's ready to go.

jasonhaldane

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3imwb428 said:
OK probably not a burn then. It looks like a wide area to be a scratch but I can't say for sure. If she just shed, then perhaps the skin underneath wasn't ready yet and is still a bit young/raw. If that's the case then it should just heal up as the skin develops. I see this around hands/fingers sometimes if a shed gets caught on something and pulled off a little before it's ready to go.

her head went into shed couple days ago and her beard has just came off today so probably shedding related. Apart from that she is fine eats and drinks and roams the house just old. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom