Brown/Black spots.. pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
I've posted something similar to this already but never really got any answers. Buddy has lots of random spots on her. Bad scales and whatnot. On her legs, snout, belly, tail. Randomly everywhere. I thought and still think it's from when she was laying her eggs. Several times already this year. I changed the sand to sand and topsoil to make it softer for her but I don't think it really helped.
I took some pictures but they never turn out very well. You have to see it kind of thing, the texture of the scales is what's bothering me, and the fact they vary from slightly darker to black.

Her belly/vent area is pretty bad. There was more on her leg but she did shed some of it off. It doesn't come off with a toothbrush and beardie soap. It doesn't seem to hurt her at all, I can mess with any spots without her caring. I just don't want anything serious to be starting. I would love it if she would have a full body shed soon so she can be "clean" again but she is almost 2 years and has slowed on shedding. Right now her tail and foot is shedding, so I can see if it will make the spots go away on those areas.

I will try to get more better photos for anyone who has ideas. One of her "elbows" isn't black but the scales look soft/squishy.. again, doesn't hurt her.
I will get a better pic of her stomach/vent too, that picture is dark. I will have someone help me hold her to take it, she has brown and black scales on her belly.

Any ideas to what it is? Normal?

ANY thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
My female has the same thing. I posted and no one helped. She has been digging a lot and I thought that she was digging so much that she torn some scales. I got one answer but it wasnt a very good one.

Melody12

Hatchling Member
I haven't seen black and brown spots before on mine.

You may need to talk to Drache613. She's really good at finding out what they may be.

To me it looks like burn marks on her legs and nose tip, may be a retained shed, or she scratched herself on something.

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know some of her scales are rough from the sand, her toes got pushed back her first clutch. The color on her snout is from the sand/soil. Its stained. But it did chip the very end. I hope its not burn marks.. I dont know what she could be burning herself on. I dont have heatpads, only a bulb which she cant get to, its above her tank. her basking rock does get to 108 degrees at times but I figured thats okay, ive never seen her on the rock when its that hot. The scales look like they are withering away, drying out ish.. I appreciate the responses!
anyone else have pictures similar to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom