Bright Flouro TUBE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
i use a megaray on the left side of my viv.. and in the fixture where my reptisun uvb tube used to be i got a flouro tube from walmart its 850 lumens... well its not really that bright? any recommendations on BRIGHT flouro tubes at home depot or lowes??

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
If possible, get one marketed as a "daylight" bulb, with a color temperature around 5000k. This will more accurately simulate natural sunlight compared to any other bulb. I personally use a philips brand daylight flourescent in my 48" fixture, and it works very well.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ya i used that one too... and didnt think it was that bright... i was looking at reptileuv.com and was wondering where i could find fluoro tubes that were that bright . 5000K, 1680 lumens , 98% color rendering

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
The tube at ReptileUV won't be any brighter then the philips...actually, the philips lists 2200 lumens (they make a couple different daylight bulbs). Unfortunately a single tube may not be enough. My setup makes use of the single 48" tube, in addition to another flourescent coil lamp, a 100w Mega Ray, and a 50w spot lamp. All of these together make for a bright viv...something which a single tube wasn't able to do. You might consider adding another fixture or two to increase brightness.

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Buggsy":84172 said:
Sorry just to check the coil you are using, is that an energy saving bulb??

Yes, it is; the type of bulb used to replace regular incandescents. Its a daylight style bulb, with a color temp of 5500k. Its a 60w "equivalent", 14w actual.

Danny, I'll have to get back to you on that. Its been about year since I had the package, so I'll have to yank the tube out of the fixture and see.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok i have the Philips homelight, Natural Sunshine fluoro tube. its specs are .

Light output: 850 Lumens
Energy Used:20 watts
Life: 9000 hours
Color Rendering: 92
color temp: 5000K

what can i get thats brighter than that ? lol

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
20 watts? What size tube is that? The one you linked to at Reptile UV was 48" long and 40watts. Are you using a t12 fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom