Breeding Females

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I breed my female in February with 100% hatch success. It is now June I was just curious how often apart do you breed you're girls. She only laid 1 clutch from that breeding just wondering if you guys would think its safe to breed her again?

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
If she is younger, I would try breeding her again this summer/fall. It really depends on the individual dragon and how they handle the whole thing. If they are big and don't lose a lot of weight, if their eggs are healthy and big, if their babies are healthy and big are all factors. I have females that I have bred once, but will never breed again because they didn't meet some of the criteria above. I only breed girls two or three times before I retire them, they just don't handle it as well once they hit five years of age and I think they deserve a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom