Breeding Crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody12

Hatchling Member
I'm new to crickets breeding. What can you guys and gals tell me what to do? I've got a cat food bowl filled with wet sifted sand in their tank. Already, the females are heading to the sand and laying their stems in the sand. I saw it happening. My room's the hottest place and I noticed when they were rubbing their abdomens with their back legs and were plump, they had eggs. I wasn't planning on breeding them, but I figured I'd give it a try because they're already laying eggs.

Any suggestions as to what to feed baby crickets and care for them?

ReptileAddiction

Hatchling Member
For the baby crickets put them in a large enough tub so that they don't crawl all over each other. You do NOT want to put anything for them to climb on in there. Feed them lettuce and replace it daily blowing it of to make sure to remove the babies. If you keep them a little warmer than room temp they will grow faster. That is about it good luck!

Melody12

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've got a 10 gallon glass aquarium for them. How about egg crates? Is that okay with the egg crates. I don't have a rubbermaid container.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom