breeders are noobs discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdave

Juvie Member
Honestly, this is the kind of person that should never own any animals. When the only thing they are concerned with is getting a cheap animal, they don't normally think about actually caring for it. It's a lot more than just paying for the food. Think of it like having kid, how many people stop and think about how much it's going to cost versus return on invesment?

As for trolling goes, I've seen one of the trollers start a thread talking trash, and the good people on here turned it around into a positive thing and is one of the longest ongoing threads I've seen.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Yesterday, I think, there was another "breeders are over priced" type of thread that got a few people riled up (It ended up turning into a positive thing though... After they explained why beardies can be so expensive, the OP apologized) so Im wonding if this OP saw how much attention that thread got, and decided to start another one. :roll: At this point, Im pretty convinced that the OP is a troll.

Any one who is so concerned with how much a pet is "worth" shouldnt be getting one, IMO. This is how people get the "Its cheaper to get a new one" mentality when it comes to food and vet bills and stuff.

techdave

Juvie Member
I don't understand the point of people trolling. What do people get out of it? Is it a superiority complex trying to come out cause daddy never hugged them?

MissMichelle91

Hatchling Member
techdave":29ya6k29 said:
I don't understand the point of people trolling. What do people get out of it? Is it a superiority complex trying to come out cause daddy never hugged them?

That's my best guess. No attention at home, so they get it any way they can. And unfortunately it's like this, since they're generally not very good at making friends. It's a shame, really.

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
I really don't understand the point of starting this thread. If you don't like a show that's on tv, don't watch it. If you don't like a song on the radio, don't listen. If you don't like the price of something, don't buy it. It's really that simple!

I did some research before purchasing my first beardie and I'm glad I did. Originally I was going to buy a $50 Petsmart baby, but decided against it after learning that these large chain stores do NOT care for their beardies (or animals in general for that matter) as well as a true and dedicated breeder does. In the case of beardies, they get them when they're far to young. They keep them in small tanks that do not have proper temps and/or habitat decor. They're not given proper nutrition. When the beardies are sick, the store staff rarely (if ever) can pick up on the illness nevermind treat it! Whereas a real breeder who charges $250 (rightfully so!) most likely knows the signes to watch out for and how to properly treat and to properly care for them. The reason I said "most likely" in the sentence before this is because I do realize that there are SOME bad breeders out there who really shouldn't be breeding them, but I believe that to be true for some breeders of every pet (dogs, cats, birds, etc). A LOT of the $50 pet store beardies you're referring to are sold while sick and infested with parasites.

After doing my research I chose to spend well over the $50 on my beardie. I preferred to improve my chances of getting a happy and healthy beardie by paying more for him. He's been a pure joy in my life and has been very healthy other than a couple of minor issues thus far.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're going to get what you pay for. If you buy a cheap pet store beardie, you may end up paying some consequences for that decision.

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
Beardie09":2zp4f3pm said:
After doing my research I chose to spend well over the $50 on my beardie. I preferred to improve my chances of getting a happy and healthy beardie by paying more for him. He's been a pure joy in my life and has been very healthy other than a couple of minor issues thus far.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're going to get what you pay for. If you buy a cheap pet store beardie, you may end up paying some consequences for that decision.

I am well qualified to agree with that statement, LoL! I got Teddy on discount at PetCo. He was bigger than the babies that came in, and although they never said anything more, I strongly suspect that he may have maimed or even killed a tankmate. Sooo, discount & get 'im outta there @ $25. We have paid for that mistake in vet bills, after first the checkup, then two trips for an upper respiratory infection, then worms. It's been at least $500 dollars in vet bills alone!

curtbone123

Juvie Member
bone you gotta be careful son you cant be cursing people out and being rude on here you can get BANNED!!! trust me i almost i got banned too you cant go around calling breeders noobs and stuff i would back you up here but what they saying is true just watch what you say man lol

Livey

Extreme Poster
Whats the point of this thread? firstly your posting on a `bearded dragon` forum, not a iguana forum?
And its quite obvious your just a troll trying to get a reaction out of us all?
If you don't like people breeding dragons, why are you on this site?
I looked through your posts and you have nothing about beardies?
so why are you not on a iguana forum if you think so dearly of them? and stop wasting our time...

And its hardly a `discussion` is it?

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Ya'll he hasn't even signed back on since he got all this started. All he wanted to do was get everyone riled up.

All he is is another YOU KNOW WHO..................

don't give the satisfaction.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This thread is being locked as it's obvious that it is going nowhere. I wanted to remind everyone to please leave the moderation to the Administrators and Moderators rather than jumping in and saying things that really shouldn't have been said. It would be a good idea to re-read the rude behavior policy that is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=65765#p500638
Here is one of them detailed.
Making comments designed to evoke an emotional upset in another... aka "pushing buttons" (as determined by moderators)

There are polite and friendly ways of addressing all of the above. I do not find it acceptable that new members decide to leave after only a few posts, because they were jumped on for flaws in their care practices, or were made to feel stupid because they didn't know various things. I do not find it acceptable that what could have had the potential to be a good discussion or debate, degrades into bickering or unfriendly arguments. I also do not find it acceptable that rudeness on one person's topic often results in derailing the original posters thread.

If you cannot post something politely, don't post it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom