Boys or girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
So I am very, very excited! :blob5: My boyfriend has been saying "No. more. dragons." since we got Priss last November, and while I've looked at craigslist and wished I could rescue every dragon in the world I've been doing very well about not asking. But last night I found a deal that was to good to pass up and after promising to do a list of chores as long as my arm and swearing that this was THE LAST reptile until one of our current critters passes (goodbye Uromastyx dream, for a while, anyhow...) He's letting me get a new freakin adorable baby! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: I haven't picked one out yet, but the whole clutch is gorgeous. This will be my first dragon that's not a rescue, and while I love my rescue kids, I'm excited to see what can happen with a baby that's always been treated right and can live up to it's full potential. So I was wondering, if you got another, would you get a boy or a girl? I've already got 1 boy & 2 girls, and considering I have to keep Gibby in another room to keep him from acting completely insane (and he still has his episodes of headbobbing at himself... Once even in his sleep, I thought someone was knocking at the door but it turned out to be his head bashing over and over into the driftwood he'd gone to sleep under!) I'm leaning towards another girl... but with girls, I'm very aware that I could end up with one that lays duds, something I don't really want to deal with, and the name I want to use (Horatio) is rather masculine, not at all femme! I do have another room to put a boy into, it's not a highly active room of the house currently, but in the winter when our other businesses slow down, it's going to be our ebay office. So I dunno, it's kind of 6 of one, half dozen the other... I guess it'll just come down to "I want that one!" and not be bothered about the sex till after. I can keep him in the same room as the girls until puberty, right?

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
If you are going to buy a tiny baby there is no accurate sexing that early anyway. It will say probable male or female. So if you are going to go that way there is really no way of knowing what you've got till later. It is kinda fun though watching them grow and everyone making male vs. female bets.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I know it's not 100%, but I've been told you can make some form of judgment since males always have the hemipenis and it usually looks different when you compare it to a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom