Boyfriend got an aggressive juvenile???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
So yesterday he decided on getting a juvenile baby that had been returned to the store after not being handled for a good portion of his life. He was also feed small portions throughout his life so it is not certain how old he is because he is smaller than Kovu but could actually be just as old or older than Kovu. For now he had been named Hades. He bit me a few times yesterday when getting a hold of him but not like it drew blood or hurt or anything but he is a feisty little guy. Riggen, my boyfriend, (LaWishfulDragon), isn't sure if he can handle having such an aggressive beardie. He doesn't want Hades to become one of those pets that is always put up because it is too mean. He thinks it might be a better idea to return him and get a younger one so he can mold it into a better beardie like how Kovu is. Me being the rescuer i am, want to try to give the little guy as second chance. So we are working with him (he is actually sitting on Riggen's lap right now) He pooped in his cage last night and it was extremely runny. it was a flat dried mess by the morning. It could be stress or he could have not been wormed. So i started him on wormer # 1 today and will do #2 tomorrow and repeat in 2 weeks. He has been a little better today. He ate good and started waving at himself (which might actually be a herself...) then Kovu who was on my lap could see this and DID HIS FIRST HEAD BOB!!!! So you all know Kovu has never been aggressive and even tho he is showing dominance he still has not flared up or black bearded. He is being hyper though. We are trying to get this baby to warm up to us. I know it is said to let them be for a few days and let them get over relocation stress. Well i never did that with Kovu and this baby boy/girl only has until the 12 or so to warm up to us or he/she could be back where we got her from so i might be working my magic in a way most frown upon but it worked great with Kovu so i guess it'll be an experiment for this new little guy. Anyways i will need help getting this little guy situated and comfortable in trusting humans so any help or advice we could get would be great!!! Please just help us.

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
How big is this Juvenile? And Have you been feeding him 2-3x a day till his filled up? Maybe he was hungry or even maybe his just really scared relocation stress if you ever thought about that. A thing to really try is to feed him somewhere outside of his cage in the same place daily so he gets to know when his food time is and wont mistaken your hand as food.I would also recommend using gloves and just holding him daily showing him softness and more attention will calm him down.

penelepe

Hatchling Member
When I got my first dragon I tried to handle her when I got home with her, and of course she bit me, I tried again the next day, and kept biting me no matter what, she was 8 months old at the time, so when this kept on going on for a week or so, i decided to wrap her up in a towel with her head sticking out and hold her for 10 minutes every hour or so. 3 days later I could hold her without the towel.

In my case it was stress and hunger that caused her to bite me, after getting her on a better diet and handled her a lot with the towel, she calmed down and is now a big snuggle bug. I'd recomend giving it time and patience.

Hope he gets a bit nicer soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom