Bought my kids some dragons!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well we checked ours around 6-8 month mark. just kept checking every so often until we were 100% sure
but if your unsure a vet would be able to give you a pretty concrete decision if you have one local.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I just want to say females don't always get along. I have 2 and there is no way I'd house them together. The older one is very aggressive towards the other. It's just best for your beardies to be separated. If the older one sees the younger she goes crazy even though she can't get to her.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Michaelm1990":1iw6hpsl said:
yes you can keep two females together :)
Yep, you can but, it is unwise to do so! Things can't turn ugly in a hurry, here are some pics to show you just how ugly.....
87978-4293498728.jpg
87978-2240671511.jpg
This dragon had just laid eggs a week or two earlier and was housed with another female for about two years. If you will notice the tail missing and healed up along with the front right paw missing toes that are healed as well. This poor dragon had been through hell all of its life until this happened to end it. So, in short... It is not OK to house two females together or any other combination of the two.

Boosted

Original Poster
That's so sad. I'm sorry. I hope they are male and female
91815-988177397.jpg
91815-6791972588.jpg

I saw the one that was bobbing its head the other day wave today.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Boosted":m0j4cqrm said:
That's so sad. I'm sorry. I hope they are male and female
91815-988177397.jpg
91815-6791972588.jpg

I saw the one that was bobbing its head the other day wave today.
Nope, it was two females housed together!
Dragons prefer solitude, they are not social creatures at all! They only tolerate another dragon long enough to mate then go their separate ways. Don't be fooled by docile behavior, it is a rouse, it won't last long. Disaster can strike in an instant and, it will be so brutal and, sudden that you won't have time to react before the damage is done. So please I implore you to separate them asap.
That waving and, head bobbing is how they show dominance..... It has begun. Move fast on that second viv or, you won't need it before long.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Boosted":30k7hyp9 said:
This is how they have slept the last few days I am noticing a routine
91815-1915396690.jpg
91815-1619839054.jpg
Yup, the bigger one gets the best basking spot, sleeping spot and, the lions share of the food. Like I said, is has begun and, won't end happily.

And BTW, mealworms should not be fed to dragons "especially babies and, juvies. Their exoskeletons are hard and can cause impaction and that leads to paralysis and death. Sorry to have to drop this on you too but, I noticed it and had to say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom