Boris is dehydrated. Need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

david0501

Juvie Member
I really need help, Im positive boris is now dehydrated. His eyes are sunken in a little bit, the white part of his poop is chalky and now he pooped some orange. Only today he drank when I dripped water on his nose. I give him bath's every day, this whole week pretty much besides yesterday. He has literally no hunger, he didnt eat yesterday, and he doesnt want to eat yet (today.) Im honestly so stressed out right now, what do I do?

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
How long are you bathing him for? Is it possibly too hot in his enclosure? If not, he could have parasites, and I would definitely get him to a vet ASAP.

david0501

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I doubt he has parasites, he is most likely just a bit dehydrated. I can't afford to pay 100$'s of dollars to go to a vet for them to tell me he is just a bit dehydrated.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
I agree that you don't want to waste money on a vet visit. Is the bath deep enough so that his vent is submerged for the entire 20 minutes? If it is, I would be concerned about parasites because I can't imagine how he could remain dehydrated with that much bathing... Maybe someone else has a different idea?

david0501

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah, his vent is submerged. I've heard that babies get dehydrated very easily. If it continues for another 3 days I'm going to freak out lol

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Sometimes you dont have to bring the Beardie in. You just gotta get some poo in a ziploc bag and drop it off. It costs around 30-40 bucks. But not every vet offers that so just give him a call & ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom