Bones the Blackbeard =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirenique

Hatchling Member
So I think there's a handful of us at BD.org right now whose beardies decided over the last couple days to enter puberty. My Bones is certainly no exception; he is taking every opportunity outside of his viv to run around like a maniac, headbobbing at anything and nothing as though there were a legion of beardies around him of which he needed to become the king. He had his first full blackbeard about two days ago, and let me take a picture while it was going down. SUCH a proud mama!! :D The black trailed from his beard down onto parts of his chest... he's trying to convince me he is not only handsome but majestic =P

PB280039.jpg

I also decided to get videos of him headbobbing because it has been cracking me up watching him run around my studio apartment bobbing at nothing for the last couple days. :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwQOFqpE5dg

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Aw congrats on the beard. My baby beardied for the first time the other day- she was shedding and going crazy trying to get it off. As soon as she saw me positioned with the camera it went down- typical!

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
lol tough guy!

catUK":1jilyzrk said:
Aw congrats on the beard. My baby beardied for the first time the other day- she was shedding and going crazy trying to get it off. As soon as she saw me positioned with the camera it went down- typical!

my dragons do this all the time! They put it away and look at me as if to say "no ma I wasn't doing anything." I will get a good beard picture some day. I am too determined not to.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
ziggy23":31xz411r said:
my dragons do this all the time! They put it away and look at me as if to say "no ma I wasn't doing anything." I will get a good beard picture some day. I am too determined not to.

Ha ha ive just experienced the 'no ma i wasnt doing anything' - she bearded again today when she was playing out but calmed down when she realised it was just me- bless. Think she's hitting puberty :? Photobucket isn't working or id have put a photo on, she looks so funny looking lol

Floof

Juvie Member
Aww, little pubescent beardies are so cute! Lol! My male finally "realized" himself a few months ago, when my dad unthinkingly set him next to the girls during an outdoor basking session. Er... Oops! All the black-bearding, head-bobbing, and general "manly-man-ness" was adorable for the first few weeks, but he's STILL doing it now, and it's kind of starting to get old! Especially when he's more interested in showing his reflection who's boss than eating his greens. ARGH! Boys!!!

sobotta

Hatchling Member
yeah we have a male that is doing that now...its great he runs back and forth trying to get the attention of our mature female....he for some reason feels the need to bob at shoes, my recliner, my lap top just about anything he can...its funny to watch

vallllhalla

Haha that's so cute! The video made me laugh. Poor Frank (Who I have rename Fran K. (But I still call her Frank)) has been waving at herself in the glass. They grow up so fast! *tear*

sobotta

Hatchling Member
vallllhalla":8c6nrffw said:
Haha that's so cute! The video made me laugh. Poor Frank (Who I have rename Fran K. (But I still call her Frank)) has been waving at herself in the glass. They grow up so fast! *tear*

thats funny, we have 1 that waves at its reflection, not sure if its male or female yet... and im pretty sure touch (the 1 that bobs at everything) bobs at his reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom