BONE INFECTION!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow Cory, I too am really sad to see that. I've never seen that type of swelling before, it may have been serious septic arthritis or something. So sorry you lost that baby. :(

LadyR, just keep offering the syringe with baby food + calcium mixed in, and remember, it may take a few days for him to get his appetite back after his traumas. You say he's darting around the patio even now ? If so, that's great ! He is ill but still has energy at times. Shedding may play a part in loss of appetite, but he should start eating again now that you've disconinued the painful shots + the other med. Try taking a cricket, cripple it a bit by shaking it up in a jar pretty hard [ with calcium ] and drop the weak cricket near him. The slow moving cricket may attract him. Don't give up, he may still be able to recover !

LadyRenegade

Original Poster
We are going to give him some squished up baby food tonight mixed with calcium! He will eat weather he likes it or not!!! We are determined to heal him. Hes only gone about 2 days with no shot, were hoping hell
Get better next week or so

Thanks for the support LadyRenegade and AHBD. It was sad what happened to him and I miss him, he was such a beautiful shade of orange.

And I hope yours gets better Renegade, let us know what happens!

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Just injections or put in his food, there is liquid calcium too you should also get serrapeptase to help him metabolize the calcium better. So you had a plastic lens on the UVB? That explains everything I had the same thing happen to me before. You can get the items here http://www.beardeddragon.co/index.php?route=product/category&path=61

You can try being gentle with his feeding. Try putting some on his snout he might lick it off. If that doesn't work then you can slide some just inside his lip between his lip and teeth. Hopefully you won't have to force any. If you do, do very little at a time. He is going to need a lot of supportive care but you can do it. He needs plenty of real sunshine with no glass or plastic between him. You can use a hamster or small bird cage just as long as the wire isn't big enough for him to escape. Make sure he has a shady spot to move to (cover a corner with a towel).

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing this evening?
I hope he likes the baby food, most of them tend to. The shedding usually affects their appetite some, but the shots most likely did. Now that he is done with them hopefully he will start to feel better.
How are his colors?
Keep trying with him, you are doing great! I am sure he appreciate all of your hard work for him.
Keep him warm at night also to help boost his immune system.
We are all pulling for him! Let us know how he is doing.
Corey, so sorry about your beautiful boy, that had to of been heart breaking. He was lovely. :cry:

Tracie

LadyRenegade

Original Poster
Everyones support is so great:) You guys really show us newbies love! Lincolns doing alright, we have been giving him baths daily, he seems to really drink a lot in them, his head is shedding terribly. We did sneak up on him eating a cricket, i was so happy!! One is better than none :) we have stopped giving him the shots, so were hoping in a week that gets better. We just want him to get better, his spine is just terrible )):

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Lincoln is a cute name for him, and that's great that he ate one cricket on his own ! That is almost cause for celebration. :D Be patient, he will eat more. Offer 1-2 throughout the day, and try the " crippled cricket " trick too.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great Lincoln ate a cricket on his own. Hopefully he will start eating more now that he isn't getting antibiotics.
I hope his spine gets better. Does he like the baths?
We are all pulling for him. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

LadyRenegade

Original Poster
Hes a sucker for a bath!!!! He likes to pretend hes thirsty just so we put him back in his bath. He would sit there all day if we let him!! We believe him to be impacted from the meds right now, and we just cant seem to get him to go...

LadyRenegade

Original Poster
Thanks to AHBD I was able to upload some beardie pics :D I added a picture of Lincolns belly from this morning (Lincolns named after Lincoln from prison break and there 100 :D) lol.
88461-8957665423.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good that he likes baths, it may help him to go poo. He does look a bit pouchy . Try an extra warm shallow bath...the extra warmth can sometimes stimulate them to go. If you can get a bit of applesauce, baby food squash or prunes mixed with a few drops of veg. oil it might help him as well. If he is impacted, it may very well be from the crushed walnut bedding.....it's known for causing impaction so be sure to get rid of it ASAP. Just put down paper towels for him.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is a cutie pie! :D
That is so funny he likes his baths so much. At least he drinks well, too.
Lincoln does have a bit of a belly but not bad. It could be several things that impacted him, but
hopefully some softer foods will help him out.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Have you tried chicken or turkey baby food for him, with squash & or sweet potato baby food mixed in yet to help with impaction? That might spark his appetite some also. Get some bee pollen to mix in with it for added nutrition. It improves appetite & boosts the immune system too.
I hope his appetite gets better soon! At least he is drinking some.
Let us know how Lincoln is doing.

Tracie

LadyRenegade

Original Poster
Hi Tracie :) Lincoln Notices Crickets Now, He's Just acting Really Lazy, He Sees Them & Instead Of Using His Legs Sticks His tounge Out Super Far To Try & Grab It -_- I wish he Would Just Use His Legs Already!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom