Bogie IS LOST OUTSIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It wasn't the lack of leash that got him lost. If the weather is nice he is always outside with us. I watch him or katherine watches. If he heads for the edge of the porch or tries to leave his clover patch, we just pick him up and move him back to safety. I left him outside with only a 4 yr old to watch. I was gone 10 or 15 min. When I came back Daniel had run off to play, as 4 yr olds do. I should have put him in a viv if I wasn't going to be there. :banghead: I do regret not putting a string on his tail. Even if it had come off I would have an idea where to hunt.

How warm do they have to be to move around? It was 72 yesterday, would he have been able to come out of the shade at that temp? Or am I going to have to wait till it hits 80 before he goes anywhere? I know he isn't moving today if he is outside, it is still 38. Yep, 72 yesterday and 38 today. Had snow mixed in w/t the rain.

I have seen where they will hide in a house for weeks and not be come out on their own. Is that 'cause the house is too cold? I am trying to figure out the best stratagy for luring him out.

Sandy h

msmaui

Juvie Member
I hope you have an idea of how worried we all are about Bogie. It's like we're all in this together! I check in here about a dozen times a day hoping to see that he has been found. We're praying you find him soon. I know it has to be driving you out of your mind!

Nancy

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Sandy if it has stopped raining you can try setting up the light at that hole you were talking about earlier. This might shed some extra light and heat for him if he is there. Once they go to sleep somewhere it's not likely for them to wake if it isn't warm or light enough.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:idea: went on again (must be expecting a full moon soon).

Instead of rummaging through piles of leaves and other debris or pulling back tree/brush branches with bare hands, how about using a leaf blower and just blow the heck out of your yard? If he's hiding under something or clinging onto a branch, the leaf blower would definitely wake him up and shift or even move to another spot, which would then give away his hiding place.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Barb- It is supposed to be dry tomorrow. I was planning on running the lamp under there. It isn't really a hole, it's a vent and one of the flaps is bent. Very inviting to a scared dragon. Temps are supposed to be warmer again. I feel like a yo-yo.
Goonie- are you running a light bulb factory? That would be a good idea I suppose. But no one out here uses leaf blowers. I am thinking about putting a space heater near the hydrangia bush to get the area extra warm.
With the sun and the heat we may get him tomorrow. I hope!

Thanks for your support everyone, it makes a big difference.

Sandy H

LJean

Extreme Poster
Still hoping he had come home. BIG hugs to all of you!

Bogie... come home now please!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Lets hope the sunshine brings him out from where ever it is he is slumbering at the moment.My entire family is praying for you guys just stay positive and remember we are all here pulling for you.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Sandy,
I am sorry to hear that you still haven't found Bogie!!! My family and I have been keeping you in our prayers and will continue to pray that he comes home soon. Glad to hear the kittens are ok.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
Sandy and Katherine, im sorry to hear Bogie hasnt come back yet. i hope hes just going on a camping trip... LG has been wanting to do that ALOT lately; the last few weeks he goes crazy outside; he tries to run away as soon as i set him down and if i follow him he rears up and tries to bite me :shock: .

theres just something about the open air that drives 'em crazy i guess...

anyhow, i really hope he shows up soon :wink: .

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
protiemama":b1523 said:
Goonie- are you running a light bulb factory?
Uh huh. Need some? :mrgreen:

protiemama":b1523 said:
That would be a good idea I suppose. But no one out here uses leaf blowers.
I'm sure Home Depot (or Lowes, whichever is closer to you) rents them by the hour. Oh heck, a hair dryer would work too.

I really hope Bogie would show up soon. If Pookie had ran off on me, I don't know what I'd do -- aside from camping outside 24/7 with the entire backyard lit up like it was an airplane landing path.

I'm going to tell Pookie about Bogie's disappearing act tomorrow. Maybe he could send subliminal messages to Bogie and convince him to show up.

beardlover

Juvie Member
I was so hoping for good news this morning :(
The hair dryer/leaf blower sounds like a good idea.
How about going over the yard in a search team like pattern? Instead of looking in the "most likely places" get the family together, line up and search, take a step, search take a step search and so on? you will cover more ground at one time without missing even a small area....just another thought....

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
I was so expecting good news....unfortunately, I have no suggestions to offer, but it seems other have been brainstorming. I will keep tuning in for good news, btw congrats on the new kittens.

Although I am new here, I am so sorry that Bogie is missing. Please know that he and your family will definitely be in my critter thoughts and prayers. I hope he comes out of hiding soon.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh my goodness ive only just seen this topic!
after reading 7 pages i was soooooooooooo hoping bogie turned up all happy and safe and sound
Myself, Scales, Skitzy, Diaga, Bailey, Mischief and Venus are all wishing, praying and hoping bogie comes home soon for you all!
im going to keep telling my clan to send good thoughts and hope bogie across the big pond hears them and returns.
will be continuing to check for news.
good luck!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom