Bogie IS LOST OUTSIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am SO sorry. I wish I could come help you look. They can hide so well it's scary (like in a basket of clothes to be folded). El Guapo has done this before... Beautiful day outside, Guapo is hanging out with us in the den, everybody gets distracted, the door was left open and before we knew it we figure he was headed straight for his favorite clover patch outside. We found him hiding from the dogs, burrowed down underneath the leaves under some really thick bushes, virtually undetectable and frozen in fear with a big black beard. Be sure to look in high places too like trees, brick walls & tall bushes. Guapo can climb brick walls really easily.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
STILL NO BOGIE! :banghead: I looked up the posts on the porch, too slick, even for my little monkey. Couldn't get the dogs to show any interest. The kitty was much more fun to chase. The kitty, Midnight, loves to curl up with Bogie under his heat lamp on the porch. He was pacing the end of the porch by the bushes the first couple of days... We have two small (for here) trees about 10 feet from that end of the house and a bench swing. All very well checked many times. It got up to 71 here today, I was sure he would come out.... :dontknow:

My bad on Wed. was this- I was a good beardie slave, not a good beardie mama. Sometimes you can be both, sometimes not. I made the wrong choice that day. A slave gives you what you want, he wanted to stay out. A good mama gives you what you need, he needed to come in, for safety. We do miss him so much.... :cry:

On a brighter note new kittens are doing great. Lovie seems to be a good mama.

Thanks for your continued support
Sandy H

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Bogie... you need to come home... mommy has learned her lesson!!!!

I hope you find him really soon!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sandy, my :idea: just went on!!! Take a pic of your backyard (and den) and post it here so we could suggest places for you to look.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Goonie":3a4ea said:
Sandy, my :idea: just went on!!! Take a pic of your backyard (and den) and post it here so we could suggest places for you to look.

What a novel and genius idea!!! If I were a beardie, where would I be? Perfect.

DistDrag

Juvie Member
I feel really bad for you and your Bogie. I just had one thought and someone may have mentioned it but we had a dragon take of running outside one time and he went right under an evergreen tree. I knew he was there but I had the hardest time finding him. I finally did and he had burried himself incredibly fast. So my suggestion is if you have any bushes, trees or anything like that with old leaves or softer soil under them see if Bogie dug in somewhere.

Best of Luck.

Kevin

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Sandy....sorry to hear no sign of Bogie yet. I do like Gina's idea of a picture of the area where you last saw Bogie. A fresh hundred pairs of eyes could do wonders. It's worth a try!!!

Dawn

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I hadn't thought about him digging in! I have been removing leaves and lower branches. I haven't seen any holes, did yours close the door behind himself, or did he leave an opening?

As for pictures- It is 38 and raining hard, I don't think I'll take any outside today. Another storm went through last night, not as bad as the last one though. Before it hit I found another place under the porch. There IS an opening to under the house. It is on the end where he was last seen. I just can't bring myself to go under there. The human access door is at the far end of the house. It isn't like under the porch, I can't just leave if I feel something crawl across me. It is sooo closed in. If Keith gets home at a decent hour he will prob go under and look.

I am honestly ashamed to show picts of the inside of my house. :oops: It is a mess! I am cleaning, room to room and searching as I go. I keep finding new places to look as you folks send out ideas. I saw a post in Beardie Tales last night about a lost beardie and his rescue. I may take the kitchen apart next!
I had a depressing thought last night- If he ran back inside scared, he may have gone up the stairs. He always runs right under the end table but.... The stairs are directly in front of the door and carpeted for traction...
:banghead: :banghead: I can't imagine trying to find him among all the stuffed toys and dress up clothes and dollies and, well you get the idea.
I still have many places to look. Thanks for the new ideas.

Sandy H

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Thank-you Sandy for keeping us updated I know you are busy. I'm going to ask a question I'm not expecting an answer you need all the time you can get your a busy lady. But anyway remember the mentioning of they don't usually travel far off..........okay is this hole that your talking about withing that 6 feet or so range of where he was last seen? If so you might have something there. Good luck today in your search an I do hope that Keith gets home early enough to investigate that possiblity. :wink:

binger

Hatchling Member
I keep checking here, multiple times a day, hoping for SOME sign of a clue... some claw prints found in the dirt, a noise from the upstairs bedroom, something... :banghead:

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
:( I'm so sorry. I think Bogie is teaching a lot of us a lesson- anyone who reads this will know to always use a leash. I didn't when I first got them. This could happen to about anybody, hon. I pray that you find him soon and in good health.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
dolcedragon":9b9ba said:
:( I'm so sorry. I think Bogie is teaching a lot of us a lesson- anyone who reads this will know to always use a leash. I didn't when I first got them. This could happen to about anybody, hon. I pray that you find him soon and in good health.

Or at least recoverable health. I ended up getting a lizard back lost in a house I moved out of and it was a month and a half after I moved that he was found. HE was skinny but still alive and recovered and lived for another year he died of old age since he was not a young lizard when he was lost.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
dolcedragon":dbad7 said:
Your very correct Kate! I have never used a leash an I am going to make some for my beardies now because I don't think I want to be one of those people that say, "Oh it will never happen to me." Even though I've never even had any close calls outside....I don't think I'll wait until I do.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Same here. I got onto my youngest daughter just the other day. I let Zero and Chimiera watch me thru the backdoor screen when I'm outside she came out and went back in but she didnt close it and i turned around and there was Chimiera looking at me a few feet away.

I hope you find him in your house curled up sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom