Blood on scales and substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have recently encountered a problem with my seven month old beardie, Charmander. She has a paper towel substrate, and I see red spots on there along with some blood on her belly and lower legs. Could someone give me some tips on what to do? I've tried newspaper but I heard the ink can be poisonous. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!!! :(

XxReptileGrlxX

Original Poster
Here is a front view. I circled them so it's easier to see but they are more red in real life then on a camera
Beardie_prob_1_by_PotatoOrPotatoe.jpg

Side view
beardie_prob_2_by_PotatoOrPotatoe.jpg

And then this last one shows her blood on the paper towels (and some greens crumbs)....at least I think she's a she but yeah
beardie_prob_3_by_PotatoOrPotatoe.png

:cry: I'm a n00b

XxReptileGrlxX

Original Poster
O_O
Thank you so much, I will try this treatment this weekend!
Just curious, but if there were mites, would I see them?

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Probably not - they're pretty tiny. And they're probably hiding under the scales. I hope that the treatment works and she gets back to normal. Please keep us updated on what method(s) you use and how they work. :D

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
It's a topical antiseptic solution. You can get it at the drug store in the first aid section. It's a dark brown colour and you dilute it down to the colour of weak tea to soak your beardie. :D

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
I have to agree those most definately look like mites.Along with the betadinbe I recommend you make sure to clean out the papertowels multiple times a day and also any furniture in there needs to be thoroughly cleaned with the betadine.If you have any wood furnoture I recommend you wash it and bake it as well and I recommend you keep it out of the tank until your sure they are gone.Here is a good article for you to read:
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Mites.html

XxReptileGrlxX

Original Poster
Hey Vickson, thank you. =) I am currently in the process of doing the treatment. ^^
As for her paper towels, I will replace them with new ones and her furnishings are being thoroughly washed. :D

XxReptileGrlxX

Original Poster
You guys were right, they were definitely mites. I treated her and her tank last night, and I saw some on the paper towels and their legs were moving. I now clean out her cage real well whenever I see any.
Once again guys, I am eternally grateful. :D This saved us about a hundred bucks at the vet.
*excited*

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Thats good news just make sure to keep doing everything until your sure those nasty little buggers are gone.Keep us posted :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom