Blood in Urate no poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Maybe it was a bleesing. I’m sure the gout was painful and he wouldn’t have made a recovery. I held him at an angle all evening so he didn’t choke on anything and it once he passed he went quickly. He’s no longer suffering and fighting the inevitable. We just dropped him off to have him cremated . I can’t wait to bring him back home .

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so glad you were there to comfort him in his last moments, and that you got to bond one last time. That is definitely something to cherish.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kayla,

I just wanted to post my thoughts & condolences here, to you & Nugget. I am so very sorry
that he went that way, I know how horribly traumatic that is. :cry: I am so glad that he had
you with him.
I am in complete agreement though, unfortunately, based on everything, I do think that the
enema did him in. Vets have got to stop performing those. He was not impacted at all, just
was on a liquid diet which gave different looking stools.
Again, I am so sorry for your loss of your precious boy. I wish that I could have helped more.

Tracie

NuggetsMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you tracie . You helped so much in his final weeks I really appreciate it. I’ll miss him forever. I am grateful his fight is over. As unfortunate as his final day went; it may have been for the best that he did not suffer through the gout any longer. He was making some minor improvements but he hasn’t really left one spot since February. I’ve already missed his personality for so long .. I do have a sense of peace that he is no longer fighting. It is too painful to place blame and what ifs about the vet and the enema. I have to accept that he was ill for a long time :( thank you all again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angiemeyer8561
Top Bottom