Blood in stool or just watermelon?(pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
A few moments ago spike pooped. and it was. kinda reddish like. i was about to faint when i saw that.

i quickly took some pictures to show you. im not sure wether its blood. or the watermelon he ate yesterday and before yesterday too. (he has this sudden obsession with watermelons lately)

the only thing he ate the past few days were roaches and watermelon (they ran out of crickets,mealworms,locusts in the petshops. too many people are buying and ordering)

also he sneezed or coughed or something before yesterday and has been breathing a little weird so wer going to the vet next week for a x-ray or at least checkin his breathing or whatever the vet will do.

so here are the pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/wA0Ag.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1YukV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CB6YO.jpg

im keeping a really close eye on him this time.

wont give him any more watermelon and i will see his next poop. when there will be blood too its going to the vet.

(btw just for info he was tested for parasites on the 28th of April parasites were found dont know what kind of but the vet gave him some sirup trough a pipe/wire whatever that is. straight into his stomach.)

BeardedDragonCo

Hatchling Member
I don' see any blood, just looks like colored poo. Depending on what they eat, everything seems to come out a different color. Butternut makes orange poo, bearded dragon bites makes bright green poo, can you imagine if they ate fruit loops?

Blood is very obvious, it's either bright red and the color of blood, or it is dark reddish like old blood. When a dragon poops blood, you will know it for sure! I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
I think it is the watermelon!! Harry has this obsession with watermelon too. He actually eats it so fast out of my hand he has nipped me trying to get at it. Strawberries also make a redish color poo just so you know. The first time I saw this I almost fainted, lol, but it was just what he ate. And I bet it would be rainbow if you fed him fruit loops, :lol:

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
I know blood in poo...that does not look like blood in poo.

The blood usually does not come out in the poop encased in the sac, if there was blood in the poop inside the sac it would normally be black. Blood comes out usually like the way your pic shows the water trail, and it is very noticeably blood. Looks like watermelon to me as well.

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
BeardedDragon6":2xsiiahd said:
oh. thank you. ;v;

ditto...several months later. Grover just pooped something that looked the same color as bearded dragon bites. I don't think it was blood, but I don't know what it is because he doesn't like bearded dragon bites and in the thread people say bearded dragon bites cause green poo. *shrug*

For the past few days he has actually had an appetite, so I'm worried he ate something that didn't agree with him. The crickets are about as large as I would dare feed him.

I was so thrilled he was finally showing an appetite. Now I'm a little scared, but I feel a bit better after reading the beginning of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom