Blood in dragons eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grogshla

Juvie Member
Hey there. I just snapped a few pics of my dragon using the macro function and randomly noticed that in my dragons eye there seems to be a redish tinge on the brown part that surrounds his pupils. What could have caused this? I am using an arcadia12 uvb tube and it is 8-10 inches from her. Check out the picture i am stumped. Could it be his eye colour?

Ph004.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
I think its just a blood vein, every dragon eye I've looked at has the same reddish line.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Yup it looks like the vein to me too, heres some close ups of my dragons eyes . . . . does it look similar????

b.jpg

a.jpg

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
I actually spoke to Tracie about Angie's eyes a while ago. Angie's eyes also looked as if it had blood in it, but Tracie told me it does appear like that sometimes. Angie's eyes still look like that, but it doesn't seem to bother her.

This is the picture I sent to Tracie:
08032011356.jpg

Grogshla

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey there friends.
Yes they eyes look the same as the ones you have posted. I was worried but i have searched the forums and stock photos of bearded dragon eyes and all of them seem to have this red ring on the outside of their pupils. I thought it could have been a uvb light problem but im pretty sure its a common trait amongst the dragons and hopefully its not bad for them. I think it could just be their pigment or yes a vein. She can still see properly and is not in pain so i am a bit more relaxed about it now.
Thanks for helping out and posting the pictures. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom