Blood hypo leatherback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a blood hypo leatherback and/or have pictures of one? I bought one today and I've seen picture but they're not clear just wanting to see an actual persons blood hypo leatherback in hand. Thanks!

kamelotte

Hatchling Member
The thing about beardie colors is that breeders use names that sound cool as a sales point, so everbodies "blood" dragons will look different. For Example

This is a "blood" leatherback from Dragons Den Herp

Another "blood" leatherback from A-1 reptiles

"Blood" leatherback, this time from Dachiu

Did you get your beardie from a pet store? I've noticed that since more colorful beardies are getting more popular stores will call normals that have a bit more orange/yellow the fancy breeder titles so they can charge more.

Kyrosthedragon

Original Poster
I actually ordered it from dragons den herp but I'm sure it is a different one than the one on the picture posted I was just trying to get views of other peoples blood hypo leatherbacks.

kamelotte is right. It's pretty funny how far they take it too. The beardie in the middle, from A-1, looks like mine as a baby and she was sold as a "volcano flame." It worked on me lol.

I'm waiting for names like "tundra ice hypo trans" or "solar flare tiger"

lol I'd buy either one of those :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Searching google for "red hypo leatherback" would give you better results.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
None of these are mine. And note, these are all basically the same dragons. Hypo leatherbacks with a red coloring; with the exception of the first picture, being a trans hypo leatherback.

ht05.jpg

2012_0313JuliusNEW0004.JPG

4070967_orig.jpg

2010_1021Jack10-21-10-9months0001.JPG

redleatherback.jpg

As you can see, the intensity of red varies greatly. It all is dependant on lineage.

-Brandon

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
I have seen some stores around here start to sell babies as "fancy" bearded dragons...the interesting part of this, is I have seen some good colored leatherbacks at petco and petsmart in the regular bearded tank....would be nice if these people knew what they were doing. But, that being said, I have a leatherback baby that I bought from Petco 1)because they had no clue it was a leatherback, and 2) I always want to take the reptiles home from Petco and give them a real home!

posts above are correct though, each breeder is going to have a different idea on the morphs and you do start seeing a lot more names out there to catch your attention.

I love that third from the bottom above me!!

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Also remember, the color of a baby is not necessarily what he/she will look like as an adult. They change as they grow so you really need to see the parents to get a good idea of what yours will look like as an adult. And lol, is that picture under the first one(hypo/trans) from Rainbow Dragons? Cause that looks like Harleys mom. Hell, it looks like a bigger version of Harley, my little hypo girl.

And technically a color is not a morph, just a color and the breeder will attach a name to it as a selling tool. A morph would be like Hypo, leatherback, trans, dunner, normal, silkback.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sauzo":inm3yvjg said:
And lol, is that picture under the first one(hypo/trans) from Rainbow Dragons? Cause that looks like Harleys mom. Hell, it looks like a bigger version of Harley, my little hypo girl.
Good eye, it is. :mrgreen:

-Brandon

dom02

kamelotte":35l3ipgg said:
Did you get your beardie from a pet store? I've noticed that since more colorful beardies are getting more popular stores will call normals that have a bit more orange/yellow the fancy breeder titles so they can charge more.

That's what the petstore I got my beardie from. They called him a "Red Bearded Dragon" but he has almost no red in him, just a bit around his face and spikes. He's really just a regular bearded dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom