Blondie's Pringles ~ Coco, Lexi, Crash & Psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the decision was completely up to Carl, because Xena was his babygirl, and I know no-one else in the world can ever replace her... but he has always wanted to raise a baby dragon, seeing as how 3 of our 4 are rescues, and adults when we took them in...

So darn if they aren't totally like, well as fresnowitte says, P-R-I-N-G-L-E-S-!

So Carl picked out his baby... it'll take a little while to name her, we have to see her personality. Welcome into our hearts, little one... almost 14 inches / 166 grams / crazy hyper personality so far ...
111210-bg01.jpg

As soon as we got her out of the packaging, she made a bee-line for my son's leg & pancaked out, so CJ got the first real snuggles, he's my little seatwarmer:
111210-bg02.jpg

Look at that sweet face:
111210-bg04.jpg

111210-bg05.jpg

Ooh, soft, what's this?
111210-bg06.jpg

Yum, salad... nom nom nom...
111210-bg07.jpg

Hey, lady, I cleaned my plate, can I have more?...
111210-bg08.jpg

Oh, wait, ...
um, what else was I gonna say? ...
Oh, yeah,

There's MORE!

I had to crop that first picture, look really closely...
111210-1-unwrapping.jpg

did you look really really close?
???
Really?

111210-lg01.jpg

111210-lg02.jpg

Barbara was worrying about finding this little guy a special home, and Carl fell in love with him/her too... so he's our "little guy/gal"... Quasi now looks huge, and Crash looks like Godzilla compared to these two!

So meet little guy / 60 grams / 11 inches ... so laid back, just watches everything going on, and eats and eats and eats (hand-fed salad today :mrgreen: )
111210-lg03.jpg

111210-lg04.jpg

Just a little stress going from Cali to Ohio...
111210-lg07.jpg

Bath time! This little one loves to swim already!
111210-lg08.jpg

111210-lg09.jpg

Ooh, what's this?
111210-lg10.jpg

111210-lg11.jpg

Ooh, what's up here -- slowly progressed up the branches, then just watched us and all the activity in the room for about an hour...
111210-lg12.jpg

111210-lg13.jpg

111210-lg14.jpg

111210-lg15.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I think you are right Dawn.... :cry: :cry: the brat doesn't love us anymore! :cry: :cry:

Come on then 8) bring your butt to California.... :lol:

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Just finished reading through this thread. You ladies are TOO funny! You had me laughing out loud
several times. Dawn, I LOVE your signature. I hope you and your dragons are doing well. They are
all beautiful. Crash melts my heart with his cute smile. :love5:
Amy

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hi Amy, Thanks ... Crash melts everyone's heart, I am glad he's my dragon :love5: spurlee01 *aka Sara* dragon-sat him for us a couple times last year, I think she was a little smitten with him, too...

Yes, my sig is my motto, the older I get, the goofier and more fun-loving (daughter says "crazy") I get... nutso, bananas, bonkers, wacko... I say kiwi, she insists its bananas... why am I now hungry for a smoothie?!? LOL

Yup, we're all well, sleepy dragons today, bummer... gonna get Crashie out tomorrow and see if he wants to help me with the new Japanese braiding I've learned this week... lots of pretty fuzzy yarns and beads, yikes.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I just love your sig, I think everyone should follow it. And keep busy like you do. It's good that your kids think your crazy, make life easier to handle. :mrgreen:

So everyone's asleep at your end? Lonzo & Rubio are the sleepers over here. I got Lonzo up yesterday morning for some water & he was really thirsty. I keep forgetting that he'll be 9 yrs old in April, so needs more hydration than Rubio. You should have seen the stink-eye I got for waking his majesty up for water a week ago. Even though he drank alot, he wasn't happy about it at all. He retains water much better than Lonzo & he's got alot more weight on him, so I only wake him up every 2 weeks, whether he likes it or not. He goes back to sleep fast enough, too. Didi & Leo are up, not bouncing around too much, enjoying cartoons alot. They sort of black beard & bob a bit, then settle down & watch more cartoons. Because Leo likes his tank so much I let Didi out in the am before I go off to work, so he gets to watch TV, too :mrgreen: I'm sure when Lonzo & Rubio are up, Spring Fever will really start. It's always fun watching them.

I'll have to get onto your facebook to see what you're up to crafts-wise. You are just amazing with the things you make, wish I had more $, but have to save for retirement, counting the years, only 8 1/2 more to go & I'll be free, I just have to make sure have enough to live on...boring, boring, but necessary.

Give your babies hugs from all of us,
Deb

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
haven't FB'd much new stuff this week, I did get some blankies and jewelry added to the store, but I was on this mad quest of researching this thing called Kumihimo. Saw a sample, fell in love, said I can do that, rest is history. Kumihimo is the ancient art of braiding silk threads to make lacing and cording that tied the japanese samurai armour on, etc. Thru the years its gone from a functional thing to a royalty only thing to a decorative thing, and now its being incorporated into crafting like gangbusters.

You can braid ANYTHING ... LOL I have weird yarns I was going to toss... NOT! :shock: did you know that 24 ribbons all braided together makes a really pretty rope? 8) and fabric trimmings... threads... OMG I have some glow in the dark threads... DUH! why didn't I think of that before?!? SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ... off to make a GITD necklace :shock: now, THAT I'll post to FB when its done!!!

(BTW you can braid flat, round, square, hollow, patterns, ... google "beaded kumihimo bracelet" and you'll see what possessed me!!! spiralling beads, securely braided, endless options!!!)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll keep checking, I did look it up, the crystal bracelets are beautiful & I watched the video on how to add beads. You always come up with great ideas!
Deb

BeardyDragon

Juvie Member
Let's get back on topic, shall we? :3

Well, Lexi's only a bit bigger than Coco, only about 120+ grams more :mrgreen: . They're about the same length, but don't be asking for pictures, not quite, none yet!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If you don't have any pics to post, then why did you get our hopes up by posting an update? S'plain that one to me, missy! :mrgreen:
You call 120+ grams "a bit bigger"? What's your definition of "a lot bigger"? The size of an elephant? :laughing6:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Carlye, the pics of your Chinese New Year dragon were priceless & the jewelry was 1st rate. You have a great talent, it was wonderful to see those pics. So back on topic, what do you consider a bit bigger, maybe Rubio? he's 800g & I couldn't resist I'm send you his best smile:

2010003-1.jpg

He started out as an injured 24 g 3 mo old beardie & I had to have him. He's 3 yrs old, so I guess he's stopped growing length wise. He as a tail nip, but he's 22" long with the nip. He's got a really long body, 10 1/2" from snout to vent. He's my big baby! I think Crush is about his size, too, right?
Hugs to you all
Deb

BeardyDragon

Juvie Member
Thank you, thank you, no applause please... :3

Mrr, that's heading towards just bigger... Pretty smile! :mrgreen: Aww, if I had been there first, I would've begged mom to get him. No, Rubio would be a little (i mean it) bigger than Crash, Crash is only 675-700ish grams. 21.5 inches, so yeah, about the same, but Rubio's a bit bigger.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Carlye you deserve applause, you make great jewelry. Thanks for liking Rubio's smile, he's my big baby, but right now he's my big sleeping baby. I just don't get why he & Lonzo (he's my oldest, he'll be 9 yrs old in April) are still snoozing away. I have my 2 little beardies, Didi (bright orange) and Leo, b(brown & yellow) up, but they don't have alot of energy & aren't too interested in food, they just want to watch TV :mrgreen: They're addicted. They hardly bob & black beard each other, just stare at the TV, Leo for hours, he's right beside the box, Didi only when he's out on the ramp. When I put him back in his tank, he glass dances all day :lol:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Rubio has a beautiful smile... we all love him, so if he's ever beardie-napped, you know where to start looking LOL. I love your ramp, BTW! I am contemplating how to make something safe for Crash, but he's such a trusting marshmallow goober, I am so scared he'll fall. He is SO trusting, that when I go to pick him up, he literally STOPS tensing up. He really feels like jello in my hands (only a little spikey'er)

Give your crew hugs for us when they are up next... Lexi has been tearing up her viv for the last two days, crazy girl. Coco hiding in her bowl cave... Crash is our resident lump on a log, and Psycho is eye bulging, looking all freaky trying to break face shed loose.

Guess what, all you hedgie lovers out there... I am making some hedgie pouches tomorrow for a test! And Deb, you need to talk to Joanne -- maybe I can send a grouped package y'alls way, and you two can get together for lunch and sort the contents... she is who I am doing the hedgie pouch test for :D Looks like they will be good for the etsy store, and lord knows I need to get this pile of fleece outta my sewing room! (heads up, I have about 50 yards of fleece!!! and about 100 yards of flannel, and more than 2000 yards of quilting cottons) so keep those ideas coming, I love to use my talents to make usable items!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'll let Joanne know, she'll be thrilled. I was talking to her on Sunday night, she's got an awful cold. I'm hoping to get over to see her when she's not got a cold, to see her new beardie baby, her hedgehog & her cresties. Plus her other 3 dragons.

I'll keep my eyes out for any beardie-napping, Rubio's my big baby, I just can't get over how long he & Lonzo are sleeping this winter. Maybe because it's gotten really cold again up here, well not as cold as you guys get, but cold for us. We had 2 small snowstorms on the weekend, yuck, we're usually in spring time by now!

So Lexi is doing the big Spring Fever & Coco is hiding. I know she just loves her new hide, how cute. As for Lexi, what can you do, I'm just hoping you don't have to cope with eggies. There are people looking to want some of your fleece blankets, one lady I told her to pm you as I don't think you have a For Sale thread up, do you? There's a new thread about luxuries for beardies & I posted a pic of everyone, even Sweetie, when I got all those new blankies, you'll have to check it out, your fleece blankies are in a few of the pics.

You'll have to let Michele Powers know, too, about your new hedgie pouches. Diesel is doing really well.

I love all the ideas you come up with, if I can think of anything new, I'll let you know. I just find my beardies really love the fleece blankies I ordered, keeps then nice & warm, even if the temps go down in the living room.

Keep your ideas coming, I'm still going through all the pages in your esty store, wow, so much beautiful stuff, too bad I'm not rich!
Hugs back at you,
I'll make sure to give Rubio & Lonzo extra hugs when I wake them back up in 2 weeks for water,
Deb

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Deb, Carlye said since it was you that was interested, she would sell her dragon necklace / bracelet set -- message me thru FB and I can tell you the price that would cover beads and material costs... If Joanne orders the pouches and a cave-bowl, I can probably have your jewelry ride-along with her stuff ... I don't think it would be much to ship by itself, either, I just ordered some supplies from Canada (could not find the endcaps I wanted in the US for that japanese braiding, they are coming from Canada)... and the cheapest method was under $5 for my metal pieces I ordered... either way, Carlye wants you to have first dibs, so its safe... Don't feel pressured if you cannot afford it now, tho -- it can wait :D

Off to sew, finalizing a snuggie since our winds have settled down (windy weather blows our lines all around, and my sewing machine keeps restarting - UGH! I just get the programming right where I want it, and gotta rip stitches and start over. Frustratring)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom