Blondie's Pringles ~ Coco, Lexi, Crash & Psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the decision was completely up to Carl, because Xena was his babygirl, and I know no-one else in the world can ever replace her... but he has always wanted to raise a baby dragon, seeing as how 3 of our 4 are rescues, and adults when we took them in...

So darn if they aren't totally like, well as fresnowitte says, P-R-I-N-G-L-E-S-!

So Carl picked out his baby... it'll take a little while to name her, we have to see her personality. Welcome into our hearts, little one... almost 14 inches / 166 grams / crazy hyper personality so far ...
111210-bg01.jpg

As soon as we got her out of the packaging, she made a bee-line for my son's leg & pancaked out, so CJ got the first real snuggles, he's my little seatwarmer:
111210-bg02.jpg

Look at that sweet face:
111210-bg04.jpg

111210-bg05.jpg

Ooh, soft, what's this?
111210-bg06.jpg

Yum, salad... nom nom nom...
111210-bg07.jpg

Hey, lady, I cleaned my plate, can I have more?...
111210-bg08.jpg

Oh, wait, ...
um, what else was I gonna say? ...
Oh, yeah,

There's MORE!

I had to crop that first picture, look really closely...
111210-1-unwrapping.jpg

did you look really really close?
???
Really?

111210-lg01.jpg

111210-lg02.jpg

Barbara was worrying about finding this little guy a special home, and Carl fell in love with him/her too... so he's our "little guy/gal"... Quasi now looks huge, and Crash looks like Godzilla compared to these two!

So meet little guy / 60 grams / 11 inches ... so laid back, just watches everything going on, and eats and eats and eats (hand-fed salad today :mrgreen: )
111210-lg03.jpg

111210-lg04.jpg

Just a little stress going from Cali to Ohio...
111210-lg07.jpg

Bath time! This little one loves to swim already!
111210-lg08.jpg

111210-lg09.jpg

Ooh, what's this?
111210-lg10.jpg

111210-lg11.jpg

Ooh, what's up here -- slowly progressed up the branches, then just watched us and all the activity in the room for about an hour...
111210-lg12.jpg

111210-lg13.jpg

111210-lg14.jpg

111210-lg15.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So what's the job you interviewed for? You never said, but hopefully you'll be called in asap. Fingers crossed.

Sandy's right, adult crickets only live for about 2 weeks, as they're maximum life span is about 6 wks, any adults I've lost (and I only get mediums now, so no noise) didn't last long. So hopefully your chirper will be done shortly! And as always, there's always the vacuum cleaner to clear it out!

I'm glad the etsy store is still in business, I might actually have $ this Xmas, can always hope, as there are so many beautiful things in that store. If you ever want a testimonial about your awesome blankets, let me know, 2 yrs later, they're a bit faded but still go through the washer in hot water (as they get pooped on a lot) with Oxy Clean and through the drier and are a soft and wonderful as when I got them. They're still all very well loved, too!

I didn't know there was anything wrong with CJ (besides being a teenager); so glad he got approved for camp, I'll bet getting up at 6a when it's not even school would be a bit difficult, but he'll get through it.

So good luck about the job, keep us posted, k?

And I still haven't heard a word from Eric, it's as if he's written me off and the baby is due within the next couple of weeks. I've decided not to stress myself out, not good for my health and they're just not worth the stress, but I am hoping they'll contact me when the baby's born. If they want gifts, they're going to have to have me over, as I'm not mailing them anything :mrgreen:

Glad your friends are being patient about the van, hope the bank gets their act in order asap so you can get that all organized.
Take care
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Boy, Dawn. You sure do have quite the life. If it isn't one thing, it's another. How do you keep up your energy? I do 1/4 of what you do and I'm exhausted by the end of the week.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Sorry, I thought I had mentioned before CJ's history. He is a surviving twin, we lost his brother in-utero. That's why he's very special to me, he's the last one! I would not let the doctors interfere with anything internally because i was bleeding so severely for nearly 3 months... this all started at about 20 weeks into the pregnancy. So the mass of his brother that had formed, basically laid on his chest. That made a depression in his chest bone, on the right side.

Right after he was born, the docs did check his heart to make sure there were no deficiencies, foraminal problems that would cause pulmonary or cardiac problems, etc... all chambers of his heart were fine, it appeared to be just a bone deformity.

Now that he is TALLER than me (yes, he is officially 5'8"!) he said his only fear is getting struck there... it feels a little "squishy" because of the way the bone/cartilage/muscle has grown over the years.

So, he'll never play football or hard-core sports, it worries him too much. Plus he's kinda a klutz, so I think that's a good choice. Other than avoiding sports, he wants to do loads of other stuff, like bike riding, white water rafting, ziplining, marching band, skiing... He's just a skinny little beanpole right now, like a new puppy with such huge ears and feet that he keeps stepping on them... LOL

And, Ok, I'll dish ~ the opportunity came up to run a sewing machine store that would involve not just sales, but also teaching sewing / quilting... I had to at least inquire, ya know? Carlye really really needs braces, and we've tried selling our camper, which hasn't happened yet... so this may be the only other way to handle that...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I agree, what a perfect job for you! You have so much talent in quilting and you're used to selling, so how could they say no?

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
well, to update the job, they gave it to someone that had worked for the company before, so she knew how they operate SOP. They are keeping my info in case she does not work out for any reason.

I know some of you already know, but yesterday I lost my precious Crash. We had been battling fatty liver disease with the Serrapeptase for a few years. That stuff literally made him an all new dragon for quite awhile. About 6 months ago, we saw signs of the FLD coming back. A few months ago, he had an episode where he upchucked his supers. Since then, its been a battle to get him to eat. We have done everything short of a feeding tube, there was no guarantee that he was going to be able to keep it down, and everyone felt that it was better not to overstress him by tubing him, especially because he has so many aspiration issues (let's just say that bathtime was a 2-person job with Crashie). Hubby & I took turns holding him and talking to him yesterday while he made that final transition over the bridge.

He was my special golden boy. He has the most beautiful personality, was so laid back with people and other dragons. His beautiful golden iris eyes are forever imprinted on my heart. I miss my marshmallow.

RIP My love, you will never, ever be forgotten. You are with Xena now, forever.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, I'm so sorry Dawn, what a good battle you and Crashie fought. He's with Zena, my girls and Roger now & healthy and as laid back as ever. I'm so sorry for your loss, it's just heartbreaking but you all did the best you could with him. He'll be forever in all our hearts, too, Dawn, he was a very special boy. RIP Crash :(

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm soo sorry, Dawn. I know how much it hurts to loose them. The more times we loose one, the more it hurts. He's no longer in pain but you will always miss him. This makes me hurt for you and miss my lost ones also.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so sorry again Dawn. To read about him and to hear how much you miss him, makes me feel so badly for you because I know how much it hurts, I have felt that pain too many times. It sure doesn't get any easier, so very hard to give you goodbyes and to try to comfort them as they pass over to Rainbow Bridge, hard to let them go. I'm hurting with you too. :(

You and your hubby did all that you could but when they decide it's time to not take in anymore slurry, etc, there is nothing that can be done, their bodies just decide that "it's time."

R.I.P. Sweet Crash, we will all miss you and you will never be forgotten! Enjoy running around with all the very special beardies that have also crossed over, Roger will take good care of you too.

We will always miss them and always cherish the wonderful memories.

Rainbow_Bridge_zpsc6a6bbfc.jpg

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
it was an especially tough week with losing him, not just because he was so special to us, but its the anniversary week of mom's passing, and last Friday (a week ago) my favorite art teacher from high school passed away. Just so much all at once, on top of major menopausal hot flashes... so I am trying to bury myself in my sewing, but of course that reminds me of Crashie...

I can't win.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
My heart's still aching for you and your family. You guys tried so hard to get Crash to be well, but he just couldn't do it. He's now whole again and will never have to worry about aspirating anything.

I know you had already seen this, but I wanted to post it here too:

crash_memorial.jpg

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I know I've been MIA here... some of you are on my FB page tho and know I'm still around... still miss my Crash baby, he was such a special boy. The other 3 are wondering WTH is up with mom always plucking a dragon from their cushy comfort zone for snuggle time... little brats are getting sick of me doting on them.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well they'll just have to put up with it Dawn, if it helps you, I'm all for it. I know how you feel, felt the same way when I lost Sweetie. They just get in your heart and stay there.

So the van is all set now? You finally can get around to all the things you need to? I'm just so glad to hear it.

I don't know if you've checked out Barbara's thread, but Frank had a stroke and is ok & home & sounds fine, I talked to both of them on the weekend, but he's still having mini-strokes. We're all hoping those stop soon. He now has 911 plugged into the phone to call an ambulance if needed. Barbara's working part/time and is loving it, so that's a great thing. So that's the update!

On my front, Titan has a skin infection, not sure if it's above or as well underneath the skin, and not sure if it's a fungus, so he's getting 4 treatments. Betadine on everything, injections of Amikacin 25 mg, .06 every 3 days & I'm very used to needles so I'm giving them to him. He has 3 left, the back to the vet on Sept 21. He also has Tobrex antibiotic cream that goes on all the burned areas and on top of the Betadine after it's dried. Then his abcess is back, so Nolvadent for that. He's so fed up with being poked & prodded that he always now tries to run from me. The only thing he does like is the acidophilus I give him every day, helps his tummy so he's eating some. I'm not worried about his weight, he was 320g on June 1 and now he's 580g, so he can lose some without worrying me.

Rubio came, too, he has a gun infection (mouth rot) and is also on Nolvadent daily for 3 weeks. Same thing Leo had, but as they're never together have no idea why both of them, but Leo is healed up for awhile now, so I know this stuff will work for Rubio. Of course, tell him that, he slashes his tail and body so much when I give it to him that I have to take everything off the counter :lol:

So with seeing my grandson a few times and getting out as often as possible, it's been a very busy time. I just hope that Titan gets rid of this skin infection and that it's not YF and goes away, poor guy, he's been through so much!

If you have a chance to get to my thread, check back a couple of pages as I went to the Reptile Expo last Saturday about an hour drive away, with Joanne. Got free tickets, too, Jolene won two tickets but had to work and gave them to us. Took lots of pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom