Blondie's Pringles ~ Coco, Lexi, Crash & Psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the decision was completely up to Carl, because Xena was his babygirl, and I know no-one else in the world can ever replace her... but he has always wanted to raise a baby dragon, seeing as how 3 of our 4 are rescues, and adults when we took them in...

So darn if they aren't totally like, well as fresnowitte says, P-R-I-N-G-L-E-S-!

So Carl picked out his baby... it'll take a little while to name her, we have to see her personality. Welcome into our hearts, little one... almost 14 inches / 166 grams / crazy hyper personality so far ...
111210-bg01.jpg

As soon as we got her out of the packaging, she made a bee-line for my son's leg & pancaked out, so CJ got the first real snuggles, he's my little seatwarmer:
111210-bg02.jpg

Look at that sweet face:
111210-bg04.jpg

111210-bg05.jpg

Ooh, soft, what's this?
111210-bg06.jpg

Yum, salad... nom nom nom...
111210-bg07.jpg

Hey, lady, I cleaned my plate, can I have more?...
111210-bg08.jpg

Oh, wait, ...
um, what else was I gonna say? ...
Oh, yeah,

There's MORE!

I had to crop that first picture, look really closely...
111210-1-unwrapping.jpg

did you look really really close?
???
Really?

111210-lg01.jpg

111210-lg02.jpg

Barbara was worrying about finding this little guy a special home, and Carl fell in love with him/her too... so he's our "little guy/gal"... Quasi now looks huge, and Crash looks like Godzilla compared to these two!

So meet little guy / 60 grams / 11 inches ... so laid back, just watches everything going on, and eats and eats and eats (hand-fed salad today :mrgreen: )
111210-lg03.jpg

111210-lg04.jpg

Just a little stress going from Cali to Ohio...
111210-lg07.jpg

Bath time! This little one loves to swim already!
111210-lg08.jpg

111210-lg09.jpg

Ooh, what's this?
111210-lg10.jpg

111210-lg11.jpg

Ooh, what's up here -- slowly progressed up the branches, then just watched us and all the activity in the room for about an hour...
111210-lg12.jpg

111210-lg13.jpg

111210-lg14.jpg

111210-lg15.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
That would drive me nuts, also Dawn. We get rain every day during the monsoon season but that doesn't really start until July 4th. Sometimes a few days sooner. Our rain doesn't really hit until the afternoon. It's nice here in Southern AZ. Yes, it gets hot but the humidity is usually about 35% when it rains. We who are used to this weather are miserable when it gets that humid. Our Accurite digital thermometer registers the humidity as "lo" in the winter and other times when it's not the monsoon season (July to September). We get no rain during the other times of year.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
blondie098":3j6xj8j7 said:
This weather is getting on our nerves, it has rained every single day for nearly two weeks now!
They better not complain about a drought this year. We'd been having much more rain in the past few months than we'd ever had during an entire year for the past few years.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
What I've noticed in the last month or so, way to much rain on the East Coast area and the Mid west, ie Iowa, Nebraska, etc. and out here on the West Coast area, until just recently, we had hotter than normal temps. Deb's temps are hotter than normal for her area, also. I guess it's either feast or famine. And I have noticed that it doesn't seem to matter how much it rains, there will always be people that say it's not enough. I saw a video when I was online last night watching the news of people in a rowboat rowing down the middle of the street, in Tucson, AZ because the rains caused flooding in areas. It does go away but they are always warning people to be aware of flooding areas and not to drive through water in the middle of the street, no matter how deep it looks. They do anyway, usually.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sounds like the weather Alberta and Saskatchewan are getting Dawn; Calgary, a large city in Alberta is surrounded by two rivers, both rose their banks and flooded the city, which is now, 2 wks later, a pile of mud. Another town, called High River, was totally destroyed. There are other areas that were flooded out & that whole area is now in a state of emergency. I talked to a farmer in Saskatchewan, who's fields are in 3 feet of water and they're expecting another week of rain. So it's all over.

I'm so sorry to hear about your garage, like you haven't had enough to cope with in the last few months...hopefully that's the end of it and it stops. The weather has just been extreme this year, more than most years.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
blondie098":1ssiy6pw said:
rain, rain, go AWAY!!!
You could send it my way! It's been so blazing hot here that I thought me and the beardies were gonna melt. We had several days last week at *111 and very high humidity. So far this week it's been a bit better, the humidity is down and the temps are just above *100 the past 2 days, but I'd love to take that rain off your hands....

I understand the frustration with cars and Obamacare. I have been busin' it too. And full time jobs are rare as none of the employers want to pay for that healthcare. :banghead:

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Oh geez, sorry to hear about the garage roof Dawn, I feel for you, we got a leak in our shed & laundry rooma and we've been getting your rain..2 roofs to fix here, it sux!!! I hope it works out for you!!!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ok, anyone know how to entice a large adult cricket to come out of hiding??? One big bugger escaped while hubby & I were feedin' Punkin' (the leo) ~ and dangit if he didn't hop on over by the front door where we all store our shoes / coats / jackets / bag or purse... Moved and disturbed everything, and we HEAR that little brat, but cannot find him!

I'm gonna smush him!!!

Could be worse, could be a big hairy spider, right??? Ugh

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have no idea how you catch a big cricket. Mine are medium and they escape, too, but I never see them again. I guess you'll have to remove everything and try that way to find him? Good luck!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
If it was a spider, it might eat the cricket. If it was a brown recluse, or a black widow, it definitely wouldn't be better as they are poisonous, the others are o.k.
as they eat bugs.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Easiest way? Take a vacuum and suck up anything and everything in that area.
You'll be wasting a cricket, but at least you won't have to deal with listening to the bugger chirp away.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hey lady?
I'll be thinking of you Thursday (like I don't think of you everyday :love5:) anywho I'll be praying with my fingers crossed. :wink:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I can so relate on all fronts: You don't want me to start on O-care,( the military and retirees got the shaft) :banghead: we can't afford our deductible now. Our lawn mower is busted for the third time this summer and the constant rain has got the grass really growing tall. :shock: To top it off our AC has been busted all summer and we have no cash to replace it. Sounds like it has been a rough year for all.
Sorry you have to close down your business Dawn. I hope you find a job that pays better. I know nothing will give
you the same joy though. :(
BTW- Once a cricket starts chirping it has 2 weeks to live. :mrgreen:
Hope things perk up for everyone soon. :D

Sandy H

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I think the interview went well ~ you know, with callbacks, they are usually about 1/2 hour so they can ask you a bunch of questions to make sure a/ you answer them the same this time and b/ that you don't contradict what you said in round one...

Well, I was in the interview for 1.5 hours ~ and the district manager saw my quilt design that I am publishing, one of the "thread doodles" I do to get my tension right before doing a real quilt, and a fabric pottery bowl (the pretty blue one in my etsy store)... she was in love with my talent.

So they will be making a decision in about a week. The bad part is, I have NO idea who I may be up against, there were at least two others today, not sure if they were 1st or 2nd interviews.

Whatever will be, will be... I am going to bust butt for the next week to get quilts and pottery done so if I am offered the position, I don't feel guilty walking away from a quilt in progress.

Sandy ~ really? how did you find that out? We have some that seem to last a long time for our leo ~ we get them about every two weeks, at the local store... and them suckers chirp all night long. Of course maybe she's eating them all up before they expire anyway, maybe we're just lucky on the timing... but sometimes we do have casualties too... we give them fresh moisture gel every 2 days...

And it is the graphics studio that I have totally closed down ~ at least at this point. I found other webmasters to take over the monsters I had created... so all that is turned over to other people as of last Oct./Nov. ~ the other one, that deals with the hvac has been suffering horribly, its just hard to turn over all the people that have depended on us for service... its gimping along barely at this stage, not sure how long it will last.

The etsy store is up and running and is there to stay tho! I literally have about 40 blankie sets I need to list, but since each listing costs, I am trying to figure out how to only do a couple listings, but give the choice of which set they want... we are limited to 5 photos per listing. Makes it a hard decision. But those being sold would be helpful right now.

We are still waiting on that dang title to the Chrysler ~ I am about to explode, because the friends we're buying the Toyota van from are being so patient, but what we're scrapping the car for is 3/4 of what we owe them for the van!!! Ugh. And the bank said "its in process". What is the stupid hold up?

CJ starts bandcamp in about a week, he did pass his physical even with his bone deformity... whew. I was worried, especially because he's a percussionist! But all his papers are in order, and he's ready. Not so ready for the getting up at 6 a.m. part... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom