Blondie's Pringles ~ Coco, Lexi, Crash & Psycho

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the decision was completely up to Carl, because Xena was his babygirl, and I know no-one else in the world can ever replace her... but he has always wanted to raise a baby dragon, seeing as how 3 of our 4 are rescues, and adults when we took them in...

So darn if they aren't totally like, well as fresnowitte says, P-R-I-N-G-L-E-S-!

So Carl picked out his baby... it'll take a little while to name her, we have to see her personality. Welcome into our hearts, little one... almost 14 inches / 166 grams / crazy hyper personality so far ...
111210-bg01.jpg

As soon as we got her out of the packaging, she made a bee-line for my son's leg & pancaked out, so CJ got the first real snuggles, he's my little seatwarmer:
111210-bg02.jpg

Look at that sweet face:
111210-bg04.jpg

111210-bg05.jpg

Ooh, soft, what's this?
111210-bg06.jpg

Yum, salad... nom nom nom...
111210-bg07.jpg

Hey, lady, I cleaned my plate, can I have more?...
111210-bg08.jpg

Oh, wait, ...
um, what else was I gonna say? ...
Oh, yeah,

There's MORE!

I had to crop that first picture, look really closely...
111210-1-unwrapping.jpg

did you look really really close?
???
Really?

111210-lg01.jpg

111210-lg02.jpg

Barbara was worrying about finding this little guy a special home, and Carl fell in love with him/her too... so he's our "little guy/gal"... Quasi now looks huge, and Crash looks like Godzilla compared to these two!

So meet little guy / 60 grams / 11 inches ... so laid back, just watches everything going on, and eats and eats and eats (hand-fed salad today :mrgreen: )
111210-lg03.jpg

111210-lg04.jpg

Just a little stress going from Cali to Ohio...
111210-lg07.jpg

Bath time! This little one loves to swim already!
111210-lg08.jpg

111210-lg09.jpg

Ooh, what's this?
111210-lg10.jpg

111210-lg11.jpg

Ooh, what's up here -- slowly progressed up the branches, then just watched us and all the activity in the room for about an hour...
111210-lg12.jpg

111210-lg13.jpg

111210-lg14.jpg

111210-lg15.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
blondie098":254s28oj said:
special delivery from Crash -- not as much as expected, but I'll take what I can get!!! he's running around like a nut today, and I told him "give me da poop, and you can come out to play" -- so he ran around, almost knocked his big branches askew, plopped in front of his food dish, made a pile, then stuck his face front and center like "ok, NOW do I get to come out and play? You promised!"

(needless to say I'm vacuuming the room so he can came out...)

:lol: They sure do act like children, don't they!? I'm glad he pooped.

Months ago Goldie was on our bed, in the mid-morning where we leave her late in the day to sleep before we go to bed for the night. We went back to look for her, couldn't find her, looked all over the house, no Goldie, we finally gave up and I crawled into the bed to take a nap, stretched out my feet toward the bottom of the bed, then I said to Bill, "I found her!" She had gone to the bottom of the bed, underneath the covers (she wanted to sleep, I believe). When I pulled her out, she gave me this look that said 'what's wrong, I was in the bed?' I told her that usually she's in the head of the bed, this time she was underneath the blanket at the foot. We had even piled several clothes over where she was on top of her, not realizing she was there.

She hasn't gone to that part of the bed, at least not underneath the covers, usually it's to jump/fall off the bed onto the floor to run around the bedroom.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Try hotter than usual baths & pumpkin worked for Rubio, so maybe that would work for Lexi. Wonder what's taking the girls so long? I get worried, too, then don't want to be there for the explosion. Rubio's the one that seems to like holding it in, so I've had to start keeping track, if it's more than 2 days, he gets pumpkin or babyfood squash, that seems to always work for him.

Good luck & I hope you have an air sanitizer for when Lexi finally lets loose :shock: :lol: Glad i"m not at your place!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
finally got a normal poo outta Coco too, but Lexi is just giving us like 1/4 of the normal. Have no idea what's up with her, she has always been a very round dragon -- of course my precious Carlye whispered "maybe she's making eggs..." and ran like the dickens out of the room! We are watching for signs, tho -- hard to tell with her pudge belly, they would be infertiles.

HAVE to share with you, miss Carlye won FIRST PLACE in her Mandarin Chinese speech competition this morning =0) yay!!! she makes it look so easy learning this language... she's an amazing kid!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
CONGRATULATIONS CARLYE, that is amazing, you must be so proud, Dawn, Mandarin is a very complicated language! That is such great news.

I'm glad the poop is back on schedule for all of your babies, Lexi may be carrying eggs? Well as soon as you see the little poops all over the place, that's the first clue that she's getting ready to lay. Hopefully she's just fat & not carrying eggs, but only time will tell.

Give Carlye a big hug for me & tell her she's doing great!
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
blondie098":2j8p2hj1 said:
of course my precious Carlye whispered "maybe she's making eggs..." and ran like the dickens out of the room!
:laughhard:
Hope Lexi isn't making eggies and just decided to give you a hard time about pooping.
MoMo is the same; she's a perfectly round beardie and had always been good on the pooping -- so you could imagine my surprise when she popped out 27 eggs :roll:

blondie098":2j8p2hj1 said:
HAVE to share with you, miss Carlye won FIRST PLACE in her Mandarin Chinese speech competition this morning =0) yay!!! she makes it look so easy learning this language... she's an amazing kid!
CONGRATS! Now she can teach me! :mrgreen:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
yay! we have closure to the assault case!!! The boy finally admitted to the charges of assault, formally charged, ordered restitution for the Rx glasses, and will go thru a "Conversion Program" thru the courts that mean this:

Normally, he would work off the restitution costs, and be done. Case cloosed. THIS program makes him under the court's thumb for SIX months -- cannot get into ANY trouble... not even for flicking school, or suspended from school, or shoplifting, or domestic calls for tussles... One thing wrong, and this whole assault case sticks to him like glue 'til age 18. IF he flies right and attends school, pulls good grades, works off the restitution costs, and does us all proud, this case will be "sealed" after 6 months.

Now, basically if this case gets sealed, and he offends before age 18, the courts will still KNOW about it, but cannot legally use it as basis for the 3-strike rule.

CJ was ok with this choice, because it actually makes this boy get his act together in a good way, for a longer period of time. So he's basically under the court's thumb for the next six months... and CJ can move on :)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
smiley2051.gif

Congratulations on finally putting this to rest! I'm glad that the kid wised up and admitted wrong.
Now, what are the chances that he'll stay out of trouble for 6 months?

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
that's the key here -- we asked Cj what he felt about the regular way vs. the conversion program -- with the regular way, Justin would have been free and clear after serving community service. With the conversion program, he will be under the courts eye for 6 months for every move he makes. sooooooo, we're hoping for the best!

Oh, and one of the best parts... we were signing in today, filling out the paperwork that the victim's family was present for the trial, and there was this lady sitting across the room that looked really familiar... couldn't place her at all, but knew I knew her from somewhere... well, with the stress of the trial getting ready to start, I opted to keep my big mouth shut.

So the prosecuting atty comes to get us, he was very sweet and helpful -- and he calls to her too. THE MOM!!! The mom that saw it happen! and she called it in to the school office, and got OUT of her car to HELP CJ!!! I hugged that woman so hard I almost broke her! CJ and Carl and I are SOOOOOOO glad we got to finally say thank you to her -- the courts have been keeping her identity secret from everyone. (turns out her son went to school with our daughter from K-5)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Thanks for posting that update, Dawn. I'm glad to hear everything worked out this good. Now we have to pray for this young hoodlum that he will get his act together and never want to cause such problems again.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Psycho was eating her supers, we always have to put hers in a ceramic dish because of her vision problems -- anyway, because she is mostly blind (we believe) on the one side, we always supervise her worm eats, and only give her 2 at a time in her dish... well, darn it if she didn't grab a 2-fer... and one reared up and hit her eye when she chomped it. She was able to chomp it cleanly in 1/2, and fling the front 1/2 -- but it nailed her pretty good. Doesn't look like it damaged her eye, and I'm keeping a close eye on her for the rest of the night... anything I need to watch for? I don't see any blood, nor do I see a bite mark... I hope she chomped and flung just in time...

She's all ticked off and puffed right now... she's the only one that's a lot of work to settle her down...

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
blondie098":33gbwhrd said:
So the prosecuting atty comes to get us, he was very sweet and helpful -- and he calls to her too. THE MOM!!! The mom that saw it happen! and she called it in to the school office, and got OUT of her car to HELP CJ!!! I hugged that woman so hard I almost broke her! CJ and Carl and I are SOOOOOOO glad we got to finally say thank you to her -- the courts have been keeping her identity secret from everyone. (turns out her son went to school with our daughter from K-5)
I was near tears reading this. I'm so glad that you finally got to meet her.

Poor Psycho. Do you know if she happened to have closed her eye before the worm whipped her? This happens to Pookie alot, but he always had his eyelids closed (very quick reflexes, I guess).

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Goonie":1i7dd5kh said:
Do you know if she happened to have closed her eye before the worm whipped her? This happens to Pookie alot, but he always had his eyelids closed (very quick reflexes, I guess).
I have no idea -- it all happened so fast, and I was standing right there. Carl was about 5 feet away (because we both watch her eat, its actually heartbreaking, and it makes us want to just spoon them into her mouth because her strike aim is soooo off the mark)... anyway, he said she used her back paw to swat at it... I totally missed the foot action, because she did the foot and the head fling at the same time, and I was watching her face.

There are no marks on her head, or eyelid, or eyeball... (yeah, try and get a dragon to let you look at their eyeball willingly... especially this dragon!) ... but she likes it when i sing quietly to her, so I did, and she got all bright eyed so I could peek.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Lexi is still weird with her poo -- the other 3 are basically giving it up every 2 days now... not sure why.

So just in case, we're going to give Lexi a laybox -- she was just laying around lazybones today, not her normal. Most of yesterday, too... and what we have gotten from Lexi has been like 1/5 of what we normally get. Oh yeah, she totally ignored her salad yesterday and today. May have snuck a bite or two, but that is SO not like her. She will willingly eat 2 or more bowls a day.

The word of the day: snickerdoodles LOL

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
How is Psycho's eye? I was reading back a little bit and re-read about what that superworm did to her eye. I hope it didn't cause any problems.

I hope it's only eggs that's causing Lexi's poop problems. One never knows, ususally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom