Bloating..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova1014

Hatchling Member
So I've notices recently that my girl has been bloating every time she eats. It's just about the type of bloating they do in the bath tub, except its only her belly and not her beard. I put her in her feeding tank and fed her about 15-20 medium/small crickets which she ate fine. She had a bath today and pooped a good size poop. Not sure what is up or if this is normal. Any one ever experience this? I have pictures below!

2012-11-21_15-59-53_328.jpg

2012-11-21_15-59-27_103.jpg

Nova1014

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
randommonks":2fiqek2e said:
How old is your girl? Looks like either a big meal, big poo, or eggs.

She is about 6 1/2 months. I took her out of her feeding cage and put her back in her regular viv and it went down, but she was still a bit chunky.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
I think that's a bit young for eggs so it's probably just the meal. Darwin gets a saggy belly every time he eats too. As long as she's pooping fine and being "active" (relative for a bearded dragon, especially in the winter) then I wouldn't worry too much.

smeegy

How often does she poo? They should be going everyday or everyother day at the most. My Rocko gets that belly when he hasn't gone in a few days..and he does that because he's a clean freak and hates to go poo in his viv. So he tries to wait as long as he can until I put him in the bath every 3 days. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom